“Gross” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012 via mobile

Hated my basic cheese quesadilla. This place sucks. Honestly the worst Mexican food ever. Rest of my famillies food sucked. Don't go here.

11% Recommend
Rochester, New York
“Extremely slow food prep. & bland food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The food was just bland - not awful tasting but nothing noteworthy. What was really bad was how long it took from the time of the food order to the time it was served. About 1 hr. We were a party of 11 but it was later in the evening, nowhere near a full house, and no special orders. I would not recommend this place.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York, United States
“Bland food, pre-mixed drinks & terrible management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Servers -- Although the servers were nice, it was clear that they didn't really know anything about food service. They came over every 2-3 minutes to check on us. It was too much. They interrupted our conversations. They probably thought that they were being helpful, but really it was just annoying. And then when we did need things, like drink refills, it took FOREVER.

Bar --They show a full bar menu. However they only have about 10% of the items on it. I think there were only 3 beer choices and there was no wine, despite the fact that at least 7 wines were listed on the menu. Get rid of the bar menu if you don't have it available!! Also, the margaritas they serve come from those pre-mixed bottles. In my opinion, that is completely unacceptable for a Mexican restaurant.

Food -- The salsa & chips were clearly store-bought and very bland. The food was mediocre at best. The only thing that was tasty was the queso dip.

Management -- TERRIBLE! We had a Roc n'Deal. We didn't know that we were supposed to show it before we ordered. The manager refused to adjust our bill and pointed out the "very large sign on the door". This so-called very large sign was an 8.5x11" piece of white paper hand written in an extremely small text. (I took a picture of it because it was so ridiculous.) He told us we could use it next time. As if!! We won't be going back. And we are telling all of our friends to avoid this place. They need to shape up their act!

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“New owner Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011 via mobile

We had gone to this restaurant once in the past and food was ok. It currently under new management so we figured we'd try it again. Well the food wasn't any better and now the service is absolutely terrible. It's clear the new owners don't know how to run a restaurant. Not recommended!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, New York
“Why Don't We Have Good Mexican Food here?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I love Mexican food. I grew up in Texas, and I know what it is supposed to taste like. So every time I hear about a Mexican place in Rochester, I give it a try.

My partner and I checked out Casa Azteca for lunch recently. The service was prompt, and we immediately were set up with chips, queso dip, and salsa. The queso had a good flavor but was so thin that I thought they must have watered it down to make it go further. The chips were a mix -- some were obviously stale, while others were ok. They were all commercial, not home made. The salsa was the right degree of spicy, but with no chunks of tomato. It was the consistency of tomato juice.

I had the chili rellanos. They were served with refried beans, "spanish" rice that weirdly came with canned mixed veggies mixed in, and a ground beef taco. The rellano, which should be a cheese stuffed chili, breaded and fired and served with a slightly sweet "ranchero" sauce. The pepper was totally non-existent, and the breading was stiff and stall. Was this from yesterday? or last week? The best thing was the taco, and that was marginal. My partner had a chicken fahita dish. She liked it, but the flour tortillas they served with it were really really stale.

• Visited June 2011