“Excellent chef and food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Fairport
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Fairport, New York
“Excellent chef and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Best food in a small town that will you will get, excellent menu. The setting is perfect in the summer on the canal and still very enjoyable in the winter. Call for reservations....always busy which is also a testament to the quality.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rochester, New York
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We went to this restaurant because we had a gift certificate. None of us had every gone there before. Reservations were recommended, so when we arrived ... we were taken directly to a table by the window that overlooked the Erie Canal ... very beautiful. It was a little cold by the window, but the beauty was worth it! The waitress was just delightful! She welcomed us, as if it were her own home ... and treated us very well the entire evening. The variety of food, would meet the pleasure of any group. There was a special last night of a 'pork chop with mustard sauce' .... we all decided to try that (uncommon for our group to agree on the same meal!). It was by far, one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed! The pork chop was thick and tastey ... not dry ... it was more like a fine cut of steak than pork! The mustard sauce was out of this world! (the home made bread served hot and the salad before dinner were equally amazing!).
You really must try this restaurant ... they work hard to make your dining experience more than just eating a dinner!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairport, New York
“Best restaurant in Fairport,NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Joey B's is my favorite restaurant in Frpt. The food is consistently outstanding, large portions, & great value for the money (ck. out their $18 3- course dinner special) . The servers are friendly, helpful, & responsive without being intrusive. Interesting drink & food specials daily. Wonderful atmosphere - if possible, get a seat by the window or in the summertime out on the deck. You can check out all the activity on the canal...

Visited October 2013
Rochester, New York
“We had a wonderful meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our group of 13 were seated very promptly as per our reservations. We ordered a assortment of the different meals from the menu. My pork tenderloins were delicious and my husbands salmon was one of the best he has ever had. The vegetables of the day tasted fresh and very well done.
I had scalloped potatoes with my meal which I rarely find in restaurants, and couldn,t believe my good luck. Our waitress was very patient with us and even gave us separate checks, as requested, without a grumble. I will go back anytime.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, NY
“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a disappointment. I had some sort of scallop dish. It was served in the baking dish and looked sumptuous. But there were only six thin pieces of scallops in the dish. I say pieces because I think it was actually two full scallops that had been sliced into three pieces each. At best it was three scallops sliced in half. All swimming in enough sauce for a couple of dozen scallops. The accompanying rice was some sort of instant rice, not the real stuff. The veggie medley contained some good items but something that I think was supposed to roasted peppers that were incredibly bitter. The side salad was pedestrian. Rolls was some sort of soft, cheap bakery items -- they couldn't even buy rolls at Wegmans?! And the chocolate mousse dessert torte was lousy. All in all a bad meal.

• Visited September 2013