“Second chance and they are still screwed up!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 77 Restaurants in Endicott
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Established in 2011, our restaurant is family owned and continuing to grow into one of the finest Thai restaurants in our area. We take pride in our delicious, truly authentic dishes. Customer satisfaction is guaranteed whether you're dining in or bringing our food home with take out.
Upstate NY
“Second chance and they are still screwed up!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

In the fall of 2013 another couple and my wife and I ate at Thai Basil. The waiter was new and fumbled around ordering the food. I ordered a spicy beef salad and and Thai Basil with chicken but when my salad arrived it was a peanut based salad, no beef at all. When the entrees arrived my Thai basil with chicken was given to one of our friends and I was given his entree, which we both ate a few bites until figuring he (the waiter) screwed up again. We said we would never go there again, but on May 8, 2014 we decided to give them another chance. I once again ordered a spicy beef salad and a Thai basil with chicken. This time I never got the salad until we were ready to leave (all the others in the group were done eating)even though I reminded the waitress that I
was due a salad once and she said it would be done soon at least two times. If you are in need of Thai food go to Binghamton this place just isn't worth it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
homsombat, Owner at 1st Thai Basil, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Hello. I am Southavong Homsombat, Owner of 1st Thai Basil. Reading this review breaks my heart. My restaurant is a small, family run business and I take great pride in our authentic, delicious cuisine. I'm truly sorry for your bad experience during your visit. Although bad reviews are not pleasant to read, your honesty is greatly appreciated. I ensure you that this problem will be corrected. Should you choose to give us another shot at a wonderful dining experience, I personally will provide you with any bottle of house wine on me, as well as 50% off your entire bill. Our establishment is always growing and learning to be the best that we can be! You can email me at firstthaibasil@hotmail.com to claim your dining discount. And again, my apologies for your experience.
-Southavong Homsombat, Owner - 1st Thai Basil

Towanda, Pennsylvania
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I don't understand the good reviews. The restaurant looks like an out of date Italian restaurant. We should have known better; it was virtually empty on a Sat night. The sauce with the spring rolls was bottled sweet chili sauce. The other dishes were oily and bland. The peanut sauce on one of the dishes was just diluted peanut butter. This doesn't come close to the Thai food you can get in Ithaca.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Endwell, New York, USA
“Best Thai food in Binghamton area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great vegan options. Rama Garden is opacked with vegetables and topped
With excellent peanut sauce. Green curry can br made without fish oil and oyster sauce. Tofu can be steamed instead of fried.

Visited September 2013
Binghamton, New York, United States
“Food was better before they moved.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I ordered a noodle dish and most of the ingredients were missing. No baby corns, no mushrooms, no pea pods. When I inquired, the waitress says it was a new chef and he forgot the ingredients.

Also my former favorite dessert is no longer on the menu. Sticky rice with mango.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida, United States
“Very popular!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our lunch bunch went here on Friday when they opened at 11:00 Am. In the next hour or so , it filled up pretty quickly. Our server was very prompt with water and menus and gave us some extra time to pick out our choices. When our salads came out, they were dressed with peanut sauce. One friend expressed that she wished they had asked each of us if we wanted that dressing. I sent mine back, requesting no dressing. The lunch portions were generous. The vegetables are crisp and tasty. I have had Thai food at other restaurants where the dishes are very bland without some special sauces to put on. I was very pleasantly surprised that my chicken and broccoli had a wonderful tasty seasoning - very delightful. All our dishes looked very appetizing. We were also grateful that our server was able to provide us with separate checks. There is free parking on the street. The atmosphere is lovely and the food comes out in a short time. When I go next time, I will get the fried rice.

• Visited July 2013