“Convenient location for those not wanting to spend the money or time staying in the city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown

Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Needed to leave New York early in the morning and didn't want to have to deal with traffic coming and going, or pay a fortune for a night's stay and parking.

So, we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Elmsford. Only 20 minutes outside the city, it saved us a lot of time in the morning. Rooms were nothing special, but roomy, clean, and adequate. Desk clerk was wonderful. Breakfast was more than we expected and we were very pleased with it. Parking, of course, was free.

Will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hello MandB31- Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown, just a hop, skip and a jump from NY City. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us. Our team strives to make each and every stay special, and I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a great stay. I look forward to sharing this with my associates. It makes them smile when see such positive feedback. I look forward to hosting you again.

Michele V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I attended a large meeting here this month. I was very impressed at how easy it is to get to, and despite being surrounded by large trafficked roads, inside its quiet and welcoming.
A continental breakfast had been ordered which was almost as complete as the regular Hampton Inn breakfast. By the reception desk is a natural area for a meeting organizer to set up to welcome attendees. The rooms are comfortable and in the one I was in, there were outlets all along one wall.
During the day attendees used the adjacent breakfast lounge for conversation and checking emails.
Plenty of parking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a clean hotel with an extremely friendly staff. They always welcome me with a smile! The breakfast attendants are great too. I always have a great morning conversation with them. My business stays are even better now that I discovered the Hike/Bike trail that is 1/4 mile down the street. No more long treadmill (boring) runs! Close to NYC and affordable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Keith T- I love that you enjoy staying at our hotel. I can't wait to share your kind words with our associates. It makes me smile to know that our associates made such an impact during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

See you soon..

Michele V
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My son & I stayed in the Hampton Elmsford for the Prep School Showcase lacrosse tournament. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the room was clean and a nice size. The lobby/breakfast area appeared to have just been remodeled and was contemporary and inviting. Great stay! I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw about our hotel.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself while you were here for a lacrosse tournament.

Our associates will be very excited to see the positive feedback. I look forward to sharing it with them.

Please come see us again, if you are ever in the neighborhood.

Michele Viapiano
Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed in room 522 which looked fine to the eye but after one night's stay I discovered bed bug bites on my back. The bugs were either in the bed by the window or the adjacent chair. In addition, some guests were having a party in the room next door and sound really traveled-until 3 am. Needless to say, I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. I have had the room inspected, and there is not any infestation in the room. The entire room was inspected, including the mattresses, carpets and headboards. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and they are trained to notify the managers if there is any sign of any types of bugs in the rooms. Please feel free to call the hotel directly if we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 5-6 times in the past year while in the area visiting family. Rooms are spotless and clean, hallways always quiet. Staff goes out of their way to be helpful and friendly. No problems here ever.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I called this hotel before booking my room to insure that I'd be able to pay for room tax and incidentals the guy tells me yes. But when I check in CHRISTINA at the front desk tells me that whoever just told me that a few hours earlier lied to me. She says I can pay for my room in cash but the incidentals have to be paid on my card, but that she can turn my incidentals off. I was very pleased with this option. I payed for my room with cash and my card later on I check my card to find that the incidentals were in fact taken off of my card. Now I have to wait for the money to return to my card which takes 3-8 business days which is a very big inconvenience. The hotel itself was not horrible but beware and make sure you know what you'll be getting charged before you pay.

• Stayed May 2014
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for submitting your experience. Please understand that in order to check in to any major hotel a valid credit card is required upon check-in where an incidental hold will be placed. This amount is returned to the card upon check-out if no incidentals were used. I apologize if this was not clear upon booking your stay and I will be happy to elaborate further on this topic if necessary. Please feel free to contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

Michele Viapiano

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!