“Horror day Inn” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Boca Raton, FL, United States
“Horror day Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Don't stay here! Cliff dwellers delight. No storage for clothing in rooms. The staff was good, but helpless to correct problems built into the hotel. They said all the rooms were the same. Tiny pool not for swimming.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Basil K

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel.

I truly appreciate the feedback. I emailed you earlier today and indicated that we are offering you a credit for one nights stay.

I hope this helps!!

Michele

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was staying at this hotel in 4th July for 2 nights cause I got the discount it was a good deal. Hotel overall is pleasant and average comfortable. The air-condition in the room was noisy, I turn it off when go to sleep. The bathroom is also small, the toilet flush system is not strong enough. They provide free breakfast, not much items selection. The free wifi and the internet in the business center were slow.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Betty Yu:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. My team and I strive for excellence, and I was disappointed to see that you did not have a great service experience while you were staying in White Plains.

I have forwarded the maintenance issues you experienced to our Chief Engineer for follow up.

I appreciate your feedback.

Michele
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and found the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms were great and the breakfast had many items to choose from. It was close to the train station in Tarrytown, malls and restaurants. We had an excellent time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. My team and I strive for excellence, and it was very nice to see that you had a nice experience while you were staying in White Plains.

I truly appreciate your feedback.

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights. Booked it through a Travel Zoo deal. The room was very nice, had plenty of outlets for electronics. The free internet was more than adequate. The bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was quite good with a great variety of foods & drinks. We really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. My team and I strive for excellence, and I am glad that you had a nice time while you were in White Plains.

I appreciate your feedback.

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Walls too thin. Woken up by TV from adjoining room.

Room very clean, nice bed linens. except that brown carpets everywhere reminded me of those in Chinese restaurants.

Good wifi.

=================================================

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear JCheng

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property!!

I am glad that you found the room to be clean!

When the time comes, we will look at a brighter carpet color!!

Houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The fact that the front desk told me I could have points for the stay or complimentary water hacked me off, either or. I rented 3 rooms and that is the way they treat a gold member? Also, the TV's did not work very well. The hotel seemed like it was close to full occupancy - with the hotel staff using the elevators in the morning - along with customers - it made for very long wait times for the elevators - after breakfast. The facility did not seem very well run.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear James F

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

I know that you experienced some challenges during your stay, however, I know we were able to compensate you to your satisfaction.

Hope to see you again.

North Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hampton inn, we were disappointed. It as only mediocre, very different than any other Hampton Inn we've stayed in. They usually are wonderful.. The bed, linens, and breakfast were just fine. However, the bathroom was extremely small, the carpet wasn't the cleanest, etc. Also, it was in a very noisey area. Tough sleeping. We'll look for something else next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were not impressed with our presentation. We will use your comments as we work to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Michele V

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!