“Standard Hampton Inn - Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Tennessee
“Standard Hampton Inn - Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a standard Hampton Inn like most others. The lobby is typical, but without much in the way of seating if you want to meet there. The breakfast area is larger than most. My room was #304 on the back side, away from the street. It was quiet and comfortable. The heating system seemed a bit difficult to regulate. I couldn't get the temperature to stay where I set it.

This hotel is built into the side of a steep hill. It has plenty of parking, but in several tiers of lots. It you can't manage stairs, try to get one of the spaces in the first lot as you come up the hill. That has the most level walk into the building.

The location is close to several restaurants in Elmsford and Tarrytown. The hotel is at the intersection of several highways so it is convenient for travellers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear TinySwimmer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize for the difficulty you had with the heating unit.

We have been working hard to make the units easier to use.
I am glad our location was convenient for you.

Michele V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

How welcoming does it feel to walk into the lobby toward the check-in counter and be greeted (always) with a warm, genuine smile and be addressed by your actual name??!!! THAT is exactly what happens at Hampton Inn, and specifically, by John Dias. If it was possible for the human body to bend backwards to make your stay the best possible, John would do it! And if that isn't enough, that kind of hospitality continues, including quiet, clean rooms (and a yummy breakfast kept clean and hot/cold by the ladies there as well). Yup.....we'll continue to stay at this hotel. There is no reason to search alternatives!

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad room yet..........try them out......you'll be pleased!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bill T

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that the staff brings you back.
I will share this with John Dias.

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. It was remodeled a few years ago and the lobby is really nice. The free breakfast was good with a variety of items to choose from. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and modern, etc. but a little small if there are 4 of you. The rollaway bed was extremely uncomfortable for my 6-foot tall son. Once the rollaway is in the room, there is not a lot of room. We would definitely recommend it if you are a smaller party.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Norina B

Thank you for taking the time write a review for our hotel.
I am glad to hear that you like the renovations and the lobby.
I apologize that the room was too small for your family.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Greenville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have had the distinct pleasure of knowing John for over four years on a professional basis. John is mature, capable, caring, and conscientious individual that has been an asset to the Hampton Inn @ White Plains/Tarrytown location. John has gone out of his way to assist me, in a patient and accommodating manner, with the setting up and closing out of the workshop space that my association uses. I wish him all the best at this time of year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bob H

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is nice to see that John has taken such good care of you.

Our team strives for excellence, and it is very rewarding when they are recognized for their efforts.

I look forward to sharing this with John.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife, sister, and daughter stayed here for a night during Thanksgiving weekend for a planned trip to NYC to see "Elf" on Broadway. Excellent find! Very reasonable prices because it is a bit away from NYC. But the hotel is located immediately at the I-85/I-287 Junction. So we enjoyed an easy, 25-minute, traffic free drive down I-85 to Manhattan for the evening. Exceptionally friendly staff. They even let is check out a little later since we didn't get back in until nearly 2 AM. Clean rooms. Older rooms are in the process of being renovated. And the windows on the upper floors open, so you can actually get some fresh air!! A rarity in hotels anywhere. We will definitely return next time we are planning to spend time in NYC. This is the place to book for an evening in NYC if you want to avoid the high associated costs with staying close to the city. There are some comments on here about the steep parking lot. But this is not the fault of the facility. The hotel sits on a very steep hill. It is what it is.

Dear Mack00013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.
I am so glad that you had an enjoyable stay- and that our team took good care of you.

Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Overall everything was fine. I was a little stumped when I asked for a king and a pullout sofa and
we were sent on our way. Well, lo and behold, got to the room and there wasn't a pullout. Called the front desk and the person who answered said "Are you sure"? What? Number one I am not blind, number two you should know what is in each room. Anyway, he switched it, no big deal deal, the manager even met us at the elevator with the new key. Bed was a little soft for me but overall everything was fine and clean. Breakfast was pretty good, even had fresh oatmeal.
prices were inflated I think because of the Thanksgiving holiday. This was not worth $229. incl tax, but that seemed to be the going rate in the area.

Dear travelerdebBaltimore

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am sorry for the confusion regarding the pull-out sofa. I am addressing this with our team.

I am glad to hear that your room was clean and that you enjoyed breafkast.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I were on a road trip from Texas to New York to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday and stayed at the Hampton Inn for the 5 days we were in NY! It was a very comfortable room, clean and airy! Only negative-a bit small for 2 people! One thing rto talk about-my husband forgot his cell phone charger and the fellow at the desk was able to find a charger that fit and charged the phone! Made the stay a bit special! The pool was very refreshing, clean, lots of clean towels to be had! Breakfast was hot and many choices! Would recommend to anyone who would like to get away for a few days and feel pampered!

Room Tip: Corner rooms near stairs are a bit smaller then in middle!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Frobes

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review regarding our hotel.
We strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests, and I am glad that our team
was able to take care of you.

Michele V

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!