“Steep parking lots!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Portland, Maine
“Steep parking lots!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hampton Inn is usually rock-solid as far as good service, clean rooms, and free breakfast for a decent price, and this property isn't an exception. The only thing that took me by surprise was the "tiered" parking lot - it was quite a steep drive up to a parking space in one of the three or so "steppes", and then quite a long walk from there to the front door of the hotel. I have painful hips, especially after driving for any length of time, so the steep walk was quite uncomfortable walking downhill from my car to the hotel, and then up the hill from the hotel to my car. Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay. For parents who have kids that are "all about the pool" - be advised that it is an outdoor pool, adjacent to the parking lots.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Liftlady

I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay.

I am glad that overall you had a pleasant stay.

Michele Viapiano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night while visiting area for training. When I made the reservation, I asked for a room far away from the elevator and higher floor. When I arrived, I was happy to find that both requests had been honored.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms had all of the Hampton Inn amenities that I have come to know and love.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
I am so glad that our team was able to honor your request, and leave a lasting impression.

We look forward to seeing you again.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel about a week ago expecting the same quality I'm used to in a Hampton Inn but sadly this hotel wasn't up to par. The hotel really needs to upgrade their rooms. You can tell the lobby has been remodeled recently but the rooms are very outdated. If they do nothing else they should really change the carpeting throughout the hotel as I would not be caught dead being barefoot in there.

Other than that the staff was friendly, and the hotel was not at all hard to find. Once the hotel is remodeled I'd consider staying here again but not a minute sooner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback regarding our hotel.
Our guest rooms were renovated in 2009 and the lobby was renovated in 2010. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I will be working with the Housekeeping team to improve on the carpets.

Dorset, VT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Beware of the night reception staff they are anything but helpful. Rooms were cleaned daily but they never are never fully stocked something is always missing. Then to get some one to answer the phone in reception is impossible, you will need to take the trip down for your needs and then they really did not want to give it to you. Common areas were not clean and were this way for the duration of our stay. The only good experience in this motel was the breakfast and the exercise room. Do not fall in to the trap of getting a double bed as they are smaller than the stanard double.

Room Tip: Do not request a double bed they are smaller than the standard size, take your own pillow so as to n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
belmont bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We recently stayed there upon returning from a trip to NH. Unfortunately I had left a bag of meds in our room when we departed the next day for DC. When I called the hotel they promptly Fahd the meds fedexed to my home. You couldn't ask for more courteous service from a staff of consummate professionals. Further, our room was very clean, the pool was excellent, and the free breakfast was substantial....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Michele V, General Manager at Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our hotel.

I am delighted that our team was able to send your medication out in a timely manner.
We work hard to deliver exceptional service, and it means a lot to see that they have been recognized for their efforts.

Thank you so much for staying with us.

Michele
Columbia, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This is at least our fourth visit to this hotel in the last 8 years. We have never been disapointed. The rooms are clean, well appointed, the breakfast area is clean and well stocked and the staff is friendly and accommodating. On this visit one of the staff members offered a travelers treat to our two boys. We stay here every time we visit the Bronx. It's close but far enough away to offer free parking and quieter nights.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our hotel.
I love to see the wonderful comments regarding our associates.
I am glad you enjoyed the treats from our "Treasure Chest".
The next time you are at the hotel, please have the Front Desk associate call me.
We love having you here.

Michele
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Not your usual Hampton Inn..Ok for an overnight stay. Breakfast so so.
I'm sure this is a Hotel that Hampton bought out. Not the Hampton Inn I'm used to, but it'll do. Made this stop which is 1/2 way to Hyannis. Mass

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown? Share your experiences!