“Run as fast as your feet can carry you!” 2 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Elmsford to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Elmsford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   540 Saw Mill River Road, Elmsford, NY 10523   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
“Run as fast as your feet can carry you!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is setup funny. The pool hous are from 4 pm to 9 pm which I do not understand because the life guard did nothing that was on duty.There was kids diving in the pool and one almost hurt himself. We told the life guard and he did nothing!!! Once I was checked out I went to use my card and my card was declined! Why!?!? You might ask....because the hotel charged my card 4 times for the same charge! When I called the hotel to correct the situation,she tells me "oh we only charged you once and you charged your card and we gave you 234.00 back" I said Ms.did you hear what you just said, so how did you guys get paid if I did that. She put me on hold for 20 mins and comes back to say give me the number to your bank and I will have the charges fix to have your money released. Never an apology or anything. The best part was the bed they
were very comfortable! I say run as far and fast as you can! They have crappy hotel with a crappy staff that needs better knowledge
of customer service and hospitality! Run!!!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The staff was helpful, the place was very clean with large, comfortable rooms, the breakfast was a typical buffet but with a yummy make-your-own-waffles station. That being said, La Quinta is a pet-friendly hotel and the barking dog in the room above us was annoying. It started shortly after we checked in at 3:00 in the afternoon but since we were heading out, we didn't mention anything to the desk figuring the other guests were out as well and the dog was alone and nervous. After our dinner, when we returned at 9:00 and the dog was still yapping until 11:00 pm. A quick call to the front desk solved the problem thankfully. Obviously the guests were there to calm their dog, but I cannot believe that people aren't considerate of other guests (but certainly not the fault of the hotel). My concern is that when I questioned the pet-friendly environment the following morning, I learned that there are not specific rooms dedicated for pets. Given that my husband is deathly allergic to dogs, this hotel was not the best choice for us. We got lucky that dogs and cats had never stayed in the room we got. Unless there were pet-friendly and no-pet rooms (similar to smoking and non-smoking rooms), this will probably be the last time at La Quinta (again, not fault of the hotel; I didn't do my research--just an advisory for those with allergies).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Newtown, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Family business led me to need a hotel room for the night in the Elmsford area. I've never stayed at the La Quinta chain before and I didn't have high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom, though very small, was adequate. Free wifi was nice, and it was convenient to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The free continental breakfast in the morning went beyond what I expected, with a nice assortment of pastries, bread, cereal, fruit and yogurt (toasting available). I was also very impressed with the hotel employee who worked continually to restock the breakfast items and keep the area clean. Not everything was perfect - the hallways were in serious need of vacuuming and the ice machine was empty when I tried to use it, I suspect due to the construction workers who had just filled up their coolers. But I will definitely go to this hotel if I need to stay in this area again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for three days and I was overall satisfied. Rooms are spacious and clean. The mattress wasn't all that comfortable. WiFi worked well and I had a good size desk in the room which allowed me to comfortably do some work. Breakfast is decent enough. I don't understand why they don't use paper cups for coffee though. The hotel has a small pool, but I didn't use that. Vast parking area. No room service but they give you a selection of menus from local restaurants/pizzerias. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

we stay here often to visit our children. We use an accessible room because I am very little and I use a walker. The bed is very comfortable, nice pillowtop mattress. Very clean. However, I bumped my head on a metal towel rack that is placed between the oddly placed lightswitch and the toilet. I got a nice bump and my husband had to get up to get me ice for it at 4am. Accessible room is otherwise very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

It is a shame, I thought the property was good it is at least the same grade as Hilton's Hampton Inn, it even has a pool.

The Staffs have no clue of what they are doing?

I never stayed in this place before, it was my first time. Driving to Quebec on a Friday night after work, so I cannot stay in my usual stop - a Hampton's Inn, (Hilton propery) which is much nicer. However, I would never make it to Danbury to get a good night sleep to start the long drive again tomorrow. I picked this one, because it is economical just about $112 dollars including tax, and there is no charge for my little pooch.

Got there, I thought it was present, and the room was ok, it is the same grade as the Hampton Inn. Check in was smooth, and was given the dog policy. Although we did not read it, because my other half stayed with the dog before.

Next morning, went down to the lobby with the dog. A woman who was not wearing a uniform, come to tell me that my dog cannot stay in the lobby. I thought it was odd, my other half took the dog and stayed in this place before and was told the dog cannot stay at the breakfast seating area which is down the stairs from the lobby, but the dog can stay in the lobby. I did not want to make a scene at the beginning. The more I thought I about it, the more I thought it is kind of weired. Why wouldn't the hotel had a consistent pet policy??

The front desk (reception) was badly run. There was no one standing behind the front desk at any time. A African lady who looks like housekeeping staff was sitting in one of the very few sofa in the lobby. She was actually wearing a uniform that looks like a Houskeeping staff. The woman who come to tell me off and said it is a safety issue that the dog cannot stay at the lobby had no uniform on, but looks like a line cook or a kitchen staff.

I called the hotel telephone number to speak to the General Manager, there was no way of leaving a message automatically. The call was transferred to the front desk, once I explained my complaint, the person on the phone covering the mouth piece and spoke to another person, and then there was button pressing on the phone and then the line was cut off. When she come back on the line, she said she does not know what to tell me, I can do what I want. I said I just would like to know the pet policy, she said she is look for it right now. I asked her who is the lady who informed me about the pet policy, who had no name tag and no uniform. She said that is just a client. I said it is unlikely a client would actually went to the back of the house. She then tried to cover it up and said hotel guests goes to the back of the house often?? I thought what?? What is back of the house then, it is for staff exclusively.

I called back again and told her I could actually hear the conversation, she then put me on hold and said she had to help another client. I walked to the reception and speak to her directly, there was no one at the front desk. I looked through the office, a hispanic woman who was also not wearing uniform was there, the African lady who was in uniform and had a name tag, was sitting on the table swinging her leg, They were discussing what to say to me. The hispanic lady got up, and asked me rudely, asked me if I signed the pet policy, I said we had the pet policy, but had not read it. She said read it then. I said why isn't there a consistent one, why is it last time the dog was in the hotel, the dog was allowed to be in the lobby but not the breakfast area. When we checked in, the dog was in the lobby area no staff said anything.

I was a Sales Director for a Swiss hotel management company before I changed to have a legal career. Although I am not a GM, but I can say I know a thing or two about customer service. Frankly I do not know how this place is being managed, but it is not impressive. Staff not wearing uniform, sitting in the lobby where it is supposed to be for guest. No one standing behind the reception at the busiest time in the morning. Do not know how to handle guest inquiry or complaint?? All three staffs involved should be re-trained, disciplined so that the service can be improved.

My God, they should call Hotel Impossible right away. This will be the last time I set foot there.

Plus, I will be sharing my experience in various internet platform.

Not welcoming, poor staff service, no discipline.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Elmsford hotels

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Elmsford? Share your experiences!