“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

First time at this Hotel and will definitely stay here again.... Stayed in a smoking room with 2 Dbl beds. Rooms were nice size and very spacious... As this was a trip to tour NYC with friends, we had 3 rooms.. The first night weather was rainy, cold and terrible so we stayed in Hotel room. Rooms were very spacious as we had plenty of room to have our friends in to play cards and visit with each other.. Rooms were equipped with an iron, blow dryer and a small coffee pot. Had a nice flat screen tv with good picture quality. The bed was very comfortably and had no problem sleeping. I was very impressed..

Read a review of someone complaining about smoke every where. I have to comment on this as I am a smoker, I am at a loss to determine as to how they can complain. I was not able to smell any smoke until I entered my room. I was not prepared to encounter such a strong smell, however I had no problem rectifying it as I had brought my simmer pot and melts. Once I plugged that in and the fragrance filled the room, and it was a pleasant atmosphere.

Regarding the comment on towels and shampoo, etc.,.I would assume no matter what hotel you stay at, you never have enough of those items......... I had no problem as I always travel with my own, soap, shampoo and towels....

Regarding the workers, I had no problem with any of them and thought they were all polite. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times and I have always been satisfied. Kathy at the front desk is wonderful and very accomodating. The price is right and they usually have availability. When I am in town this is the hotel I usual pick for my stay

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our go to spot when visiting westchester and NYC. We like to stay here, park at the white plains train station take metro- north into the city, and still save $150 per night over staying in manhattan.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel smells like smoke - the halls, rooms, sheets, everything. It was so bad that we couldn't sleep. There are other complaints like the remote for the TV didn't work well and the free breakfast ended early, but all would have been manageable if the smell wasn't so strong. That said, we needed a hotel for Thanksgiving that allowed pets - we have a small dog - and this hotel allowed pets and was in a good location for our needs. We would try to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Elmsford, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites - Elmsford. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. It looks like we have some areas we need to improve. I’m sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay, and please know we’re focused on total guest satisfaction every day.

Travelers are raving about these Elmsford hotels

Rockland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Someone wrote that last month they had bed bugs in their room. Someone else wrote that other people had the key to their room and were able to get in. Great! We didn't have these experiences but we had others -- I wasn't going to stay here again anyway and here's why -- while the rates are pretty good, what you get isn't worth the stay. As indicated by someone else, one of the front desk clerks is extremely rude, on the phone and in person (I recognized the voice when I met her in person). She should be sent packing. The other front desk person is nice.
The room does have a microwave and refrigerator (someone said they didn't have that, but maybe it was not a king-bed room). It has a nice large screen tv. The bathroom amenities were poor. One little tube of shampoo and soap. That's it, nothing else. The shower was okay if you realized you had to turn the hot water on all the way and barely turn on the cold.

The pool --- don't go there for the pool. There is no whirlpool and the pool was only open from 4-9 pm. What good is that? I stayed two nights and was unable to use it. Breakfast was not breakfast -- it was bare-bones. It had orange juice, nut muffins and frozen bagels and tiny (think cheap) apples. Hardly anything else. Terrible disappointment so we had to go out for breakfast.

The maid was clueless. We had a do-not disturb sign which I left inside the room. Inexplicably, it was gone when we got back, after the maid had been there, so we were unable to use the sign. We kept some towels and traded in others. Inexplicably, we did not get any replacement towels and were without sufficient towels the next day. I would not stay here again and you should think twice before deciding to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money at this place. Lousy service, nasty clerk, terrible maid service, bare-bo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi Portia!

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites - Elmsford. WOW...not the experience we intended you to have! We definitely have some opportunities for improvement. We'd like the chance to address your concerns personally and would ask you contact us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
YONKERS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hotel is good overall...but there was a security issue. Someone had a key card to my room...I had the upper lock on...they claimed they had the wrong room. why did their key work on my door? Front desk gave me a new key...but weren't overly concerned about someone having a key to a room not theirs. Had I not been in the room, the party would have gotten in! I am concerned about staying again if there isn't proper security!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Annapolis MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Good: The king room was fairly modern and clean. The bad: When I entered the lobby at about 1:30pm on Sun 11/17 to check in there were two female check in people behind the desk. The senior woman was being seeming nasty to the other lady for not much reason.(The other lady was fairly nice). Although I was the only customer there neither one acknowleged me for a few minutes. When they did I said, Hello how are you today? Rather than answering fine how are you, she just replied, "can I help you". The hallways and guest room smelled of stale cigarettes. The hall carpets were filty with trash laying in some areas. The floors of the elevators were dirty and sticky. After seeing this we did not eat breakfast in the hotel. I joined the LaQuinta club when I made the reservation but I'm not sure that I will stay in one again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Elmsford? Share your experiences!