“Good Value for the area” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmsford
Nelliston, New York
“Good Value for the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was a reasonably good place to stay. I used online booking and had inadvertently paid more than i would have paid checking in on my own. That was unusual. My booking company made good on the difference. It was frustrating and it was an annoying waste of time, so if it is the last minute, check with the hotel first. This was one of the times when I hated dealing with someone overseas...I was tired and they were trying to explain why I should be glad to have paid them more for the hotel than I would have by booking directly. The next day, a different rep supposedly fixed the problem. The biggest shortcoming was that the elevator in the parking garage did not work and our family was very tired after a long day. The room was OK, though the double beds instead of queen beds were a bad idea.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our parking garage elevator wasn’t working during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am working to have our parking garage elevator repaired to ensure your experience is not repeated. I was also disheartened to read that you had so much difficulty booking your room. I am sorry for your experience. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel for a surgery that I was having. Before I booked the hotel I was told that there was a complimentary shuttle to and from the Westchester Airport(HPN), upon my arrival, I called to have the shuttle come pick me up only to be told that the shuttle did not go to HPN and that it would be a $30 taxi ride to and from. Upon my arrival I was given a room on the 6th floor which smelled of smoke, I asked to move to another room and was put in a room on the third floor. After a few hours in the room I realized that the AC compressor was not turning on and the room was rather uncomfortable, essentially no cold air blowing out. I went down to the front office that same night and asked to be moved again only to be told that I could not make the move until the next day. I do not believe that this was because he was full up, but rather that he did not want to have to deal with it. The problem was that once I had the surgery I would not be able to exert myself physically, I was forced to make the move after the surgery. The next 4 days were rather pleasant, no interruptions or intrusions. the bed was a bit uncomfortable but all in all not a terrible place.
The customer service really ruined the experience for me.

Decent internet connection

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Gabriel - Thank you for your recent review of your stay here with us. I do apologize that our shuttle schedule was not communicated to you properly and that you had to move rooms. I can assure you that we are working to ensure information about our shuttle is correct moving forward and that the issues you experienced with different rooms are addressed. Still, I am glad that you found comfort and enjoyed some quiet for the last 4 days of your stay with us.

Please feel free to reach out to me to further discuss your issues. I can be reached at wpe2@extendedstay.com. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for choosing Extended Stay America, we appreciate your business.
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had to sign a statement saying I understand this is a non-smoking property so I was a bit peeved when we got to the room and it reeked of cigarette smoke. The staff was friendly and gave us another room which also smelled a bit stale, but not smokey, so we opened the windows and hoped for the best. The furnishings are a bit worn, but the hotel was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and we had a good night's sleep. The grab-and-go breakfast downstairs was granola bars and oatmeal packets, I wish they had some fresh fruit but we went out for breakfast anyway. Overall a nice place to stay and less overpriced than other options in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found your room to be quiet and comfortable. Still, I apologize that your room smelled like smoke; however, it's great to hear that our staff was able to move you to a new room. As well, I apologize that you were not pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

With my job I travel a lot. Sometimes more then I would like. So when I choose a hotel I want something that makes me feel as if I am at home even tho I am not. The extended stay america in elmsford ny definitely gets two thumbs up in my eyes. Everyone on there staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The rooms were very nice and clean. They also have a very nice parking garage as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling and is looking for a hotel in the area.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at this location for two weeks. The staff are friendly and helpful. This hotel has a very good location, not only close to NYC, but very convenient to access any other westchester attractions, etc. I began to call it home, while we lived here for the two weeks. I would return here again to stay knowing what to expect and it also helped us to choose these properties in future travel to other cities.

Room Tip: All the rooms seems to be identical and all are very great rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Beaverton, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful, even going so far as to make suggestions on close places to shop when my luggage was delayed for two days during my 5 day trip. The room was comfortably laid out and having the amenities of a kitchen was quite nice. Though there is no restaurant onsite there are several decent places to eat nearby.
The only real downsides to this place was that it was under construction at the time so the tap water was a little gross (which we were warned about during check-in) and it could have been cleaner. The dishes in the kitchen were not clean and the little cockroach I found in the kitchen (and killed three times before flushing) nearly gave me a heart attack.
If given the choice to book in the area again I would probably try for something a little cleaner, but the client booked this for us and it wasn't terrible.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front of the building, facing the freeway, and never had any issues with noise b...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Nicole - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that your comments have been addressed with the staff and we are working to enhance our cleaning procedures moving forward. Still, I am glad that our staff provided you with such friendly and helpful service during your stay.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wpe@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Elmsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I checked into this property on the 22 Jan 2014 and stayed 2 nights. The staff were very courteous and extremely pleasant. They even followed up and checked with mee if everything was alright. I had a very functional grab & go breakfast which is more than filling. The rooms were very clean where I could even cook my own food.
All in all this place was excellent and great value for money.
TR Ramachandran

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, I am happy that you found our staff to be courteous and pleasant during your stay with us. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsford
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#6 of 7 in Tarrytown
4.0 of 5 stars 357 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford? Share your experiences!