“Comfortable stay so far..” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Elmsford
Pune, Maharashtra, India
“Comfortable stay so far..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

During my stay (more than 2 months as of now) the renovations were going on, it caused some inconvenience but overall staff was helpful and WI-FI is strong. Gives me feeling of a small home away from home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff and cleanliness of the hotel made your stay a great one. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly! They listen and are attentive to your needs. They provide a light breakfast and coffee on the go. On Tuesday evenings a local italian restaraunt delivers one of their main course dishes for the guests at the hotel. Also, it is located close to downtown where you will find some local places to eat, a bakery, US Post Office, a grocery store, CVS, etc. Also within a short distance is the small towns of Tarrytown and Sleepyhollow. These two towns are worth checking out - and sampling some of their local restaraunts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your positive feedback. It's great to hear that the staff accommodated all your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Let me start by saying that this isn't a 4 star resort. The decor could use an upgrade, but the room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the WI-FI strong. It's very close to the supermarket so you can stock up on supplies. The laundry facilities are convenient as is the grab and go breakfast. A muffin and coffee and I'm good to go. Check-in was quick and the front desk was very helpful. The kitchen appliances are older models but still function properly. Good for when you need a place to sleep and eat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our new Grab & Go Breakfast and enjoyed your stay.. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Elmsford, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. I came from Texas to New York for six months on a job assignment, and stayed at the Extended Stay in Elmsford, NY. During the time I have been here, the staff has been so helpful and friendly. Lloyd at the front desk learned my first name, and always speaks to me. They provide a light breakfast each morning, and have covered parking at no additional cost. People are friendly, my room is clean and I feel safe going and coming from the hotel; downtown White Plains is only a 10-minute drive. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling in the White Plans, NY area! Every time I return to NY, I will be staying at the Extended Stay in Elmsford.
Paula Smith

Room Tip: I asked for a room that overlooked Main Street - lovely view of the New York countryside!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Lloyd took care of you during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Tarrytown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in Extended Stay America @ Elmsford for a few weeks when we moved to NY last year. The main advantage you have is the Kitchen with some basic facilities especially if you plan to stay with family. Secondly, pretty close to Elmsford main street where you find CVS, Subway, Post Office etc., You have the other reviews to take note of the cleanliness and the friendliness of the front office - not so great. For a good deal, book your stay well in advance and negotiate...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The cleanliness and friendliness you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am discussing all your concerns with each staff member. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not heistate to contact me at wpe@extendedstay.com
We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time your in town.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This place was the pits. The ONLY reason we stayed here was that we were with a group and had no say on our hotel selection. The room choice was either overlooking a busy road or facing the parking lot. The parking lot was dark and sketchy. There were signs everywhere telling you not to leave valuables in your car. The handle on the bathroom door fell off everytime I used it. The TV would not work unless you jiggled the plug to the wall outlet. The hairdryer in the room did not work since the outlet it was plugged into was hanging from the wall. A fire hazard waiting to happen. The room had not been vacuumed since there were hair bobby pins on the floor.The sheets were old and linty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wpe@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other Extended Stay Hotels in the future.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our family stayed here for a few days during our relocation to New York. The hotel was absolutely no frills, and the bedspread looked like they bought it in 1978...but it was clean. We were not expecting to be pampered; it was a shelter-only situation for us.

Upon our first ride up the elevator to our room, we were met with copious amounts of marijuana smoke. Not just a casual light-up in someone's room...it was a very heavy cloud. Rounding the corner on our floor, we found a group of people smoking weed at the end of the hall. Being exhausted from traveling we just ignored it. It seemed to be the norm, though, because it smelled like college the entire time we were there.

The next morning I had to shower and hurry to get to an appointment. Just as I lathered up my hair, the water for the entire hotel went out. Since our phone never worked the entire time we were there, I walked to the front desk in my robe and reported it. The front desk assured me it wouldn't be much longer...but it turned out to be almost two hours with soap on my hair. It was a repair being made, by the way, not a broken pipe. OK, I'm sympathetic to their plight, but it totally screwed up my schedule that day. When I asked for an adjustment on our bill (no phone, no water) they said they'd comp half that day's rate. That was fine with me and I appreciated it.

The third night we came home to find the building on fire. Someone started a grease fire in their room. All right, that certainly isn't the hotel's fault. We were told that our stay would be transferred over to the Doubletree in Tarrytown. Once the fire was put out, those of us above the second floor were allowed to climb the six very wet flights to get what we could carry out of our room while the firemen waited, which we did. We also saw that a group of people were being arrested with their hands behind their back, while the police were asking them if they had weapons or needles. Apparently Cheech and Chong had been caught down the hall. Then we drove to Tarrytown, where we waited for another hour and a half to get our room. All of this was great fun.

Did they do anything for us to show their concern for our inconveniences? No. No free breakfast (continental breakfast was not included and was $12...the cheapest thing you could buy) and no free internet (which we had at Extended Stay). So we racked up another round of charges we thought surely would be covered. When we received our bill, the half-night compensation promised to us did not show as a credit.

All in all, we paid more than full price for our week's stay...in an aging, malfunctioning building were drug activity seemed to be commonplace. It really was a very unpleasant experience. When I completed the customer feedback questionnaire they sent, I told them my experiences and never heard a word from them. I believe they honestly do not care whatsoever what anyone thinks of their business or how their customers perceive them. It was shady and spooky and it creeped my family out...and it wasn't worth half of what they charged.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had difficulties as you described. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate that you have pointed out some of the problems you had during your stay. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at wpe@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford? Share your experiences!