“Food not consistant (and soup lacking consistency)” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
Tarrytown, New York
“Food not consistant (and soup lacking consistency)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Ordered take out from here last week, and we thought the food was awesome. Everything was hot and tasty, and the Mulligatawny soup was the best part of the meal. So thick and hearty and flavorful...I couldn't wait to have more. Stopped by for lunch today and ordered just the soup to go. They might as well have put water in a plastic container with some food coloring and a few chopped up carrots. UGH! Disgusting. I couldn't even eat more than 2 spoonfuls. It was watery, flavorless, and straight up terrible. Where was the consistency and where was the lentils and yummy other things that were there last week? How can you serve such different levels of food in a weeks time? Someone needs to manage that kitchen. PLUS, I waited 22 minutes for my soup to go. Really? What was going on back there? What a shame. Once a restaurant makes me unhappy, I'm done.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NY
“Awful, go elsewhere.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Shabby and dark interior. Food was not competitive with others in the area. Very disappointing. We had been here years ago, now it's worse.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
new york
“Things have changed significantly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Indian Cuisine has always been one of my favorites. I have dined at Malabar Hill many times and the service and food were top notch. I found myself dining here more often after the Bengal Tiger in White Plains burned down a few years ago. There are obvious renovations taking place as you walk into the restaurant because there is really no entrance, merely a plank that you have to walk on to enter. You would not want to be on that "plank" in the rain, or in high heels, it is that dangerous.

I would deem myself to be somewhat of a food snob, especially when it comes to good food.

I purchased a groupon for what I thought was a bargain for a quality restaurant with quality food and exceptional service.

I can not begin to express my disappointment with my most recent experience.

We arrived around 7pm on a Thursday night and it was surprisingly crowded. We were seated within minutes and waited an one hour and fifteen minutes for our meal. Upon receiving our meal the presentation was far from appetizing, and the rice was under cooked. The time it took to let someone know was well over twenty minutes and by that time we had enough.

I don't know if there has been a change in management but the service has taken a turn for the worse, and the food is heading in the same direction.

Unfortuntely, after my years of patronage I will not be coming back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Many varieties in the lunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Indian restaurants are very funny - sometimes all the staff is gone all the sudden. It happened here and in other Indian restaurants. We used to come here all the time. Then all the sudden, everyone was gone, the prices shot up, and the quality went down. So we stopped coming here as many other Indian restaurants opened up.
After many years, we stopped by to have their lunch buffet. The buffet included fish (which is rare). The variety was very good. The price was higher than the ones that we usually go. The restaurant is nicely decorated with new tables and chairs.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Very good paneer bhurji”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went to this restaurant with a colleague and we were very pleased with the taste. The paneer bhurji was one of the best in the area. The ambiance was nice and service was good. Definitely would recommend.

• Visited August 2012