We booked this hotel through Price Line and it was tough to get a good deal because the hotels in this area are either busy with weddings in the summer - finger lake tourists - travelling business people or road crew construction people. It was convenient and we found good places to eat.
Positives: clean, spacious rooms, 2 pools (indoor and outdoors), lobby had a computer and printer with internet access, great staff), convenient to the highway
Negatives: during the week it can be noisy in the morning because people are leaving at 7:00 am and the doors tend to slam.
Note: if booking through priceline once you have your room confirmed call the hotel and request what you want (king, etc.) we ended up with a smoking room and spent 1/2 hour negotiating with the front desk to give us a different room which is difficult for them when they are either sold out by 4:00 pm with business travellers. We ended up with a non-smoking handicap room which is the best they could do.
Restaurants: Horigan's Tavern is a must to go to. You can walk there in about 20 minutes 2.5 km and take a cab back to the hotel for about $6.00. The neighbourhood is a little run down but otherwise the location was great and the tavern itself was very nice inside - staff was excellent. Food was excellent. Lamb Shepherd's Pie with chunks of lamb. Friday night fish and chips enough for two people and a side order of bococinni and tomato salad with a balsamic reduction was awesome. Local wines very reasonably prices by the glass and bottle. Try the Atwater Winery Riesling - scored 9/10 with Wine Spectator. We ate there two nights because the menu was so diverse it was easy to find other items to try.
Museum: worth going to the local museum (mark twain artifacts and other interesting local history) $6.00 per person
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview Hotel
- Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview Hotel Elmira
- Holiday Inn Elmira
- Elmira Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Newly Renovated Holiday Inn Elmira-Riverview Nestled in the heart of Mark Twain Country the Finger Lakes region, you'll find this friendly, full-service hotel a convenient location that will make the most of your valuable leisure and business time. Our hotel is located just minutes away from downtown Elmira, its business district, and many local area attractions. An Excellent Business Location! The Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview is conveniently located to such fine companies as Kennedy Valve, McWane International, Elmira College, EmHart Glass, FM Howell, Airgas East, Elmira and Southport Correctional Facilities, and many others. Great for a Vacation Getaway Our hotel provides an excellent location while visiting any of Mark Twain's historical sites, the Finger Lake Wineries, the Corning Museum of Glass, Watkins Glen International Raceway, and other historical Elmira attractions. Great Amenities and Service! Our friendly and professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to our wonderful hotel. We offer a full array of full-service amenities and services such as Free Wired or Wireless High Speed Internet Access, Flat screen TVs in all of our guest rooms, Indoor swimming pool, Anthony's Restaurant and Lounge with Live Entertainment on Saturday nights. The Holiday Inn Elmira, your home away from home!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.