“Good, inexpensive dinner” 3 of 5 stars

1,681 reviews 1,681 reviews
1,661 helpful votes 1,661 helpful votes
“Good, inexpensive dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were staying close by and could walk to this place. Good deal of two entrees and appetizer for $20. Very tasty spinach and artichoke dip with chips, very good chicken and shrimp platter and good riblets. One of the best dinner deals around.

Visited July 2013

Painted Post, New York
“Only place that wasn't packed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

And there was a reason! Food was just average at best. My steak arrived well done, but I had ordered medium rare. The Waite staff don't seem to take any pride in themselves or this place. Prices are a little high for premade food. I think they only grill the steaks, and they messed that up. The manager needs to get better help or manage what he has better. Very disappointed, will not return. The manager did replace my steak and take it off the bill, but I was stuck eating alone as everyone was done before I received my meal.

Visited May 2013
Elmira, New York, United States
“A Good Home Town Restraunt in any Home Town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Nothing bad to say about Applebee's, no matter when or where. Eaten at Applebee's from California to New York and Washington to Florida, while the food has always been comparable, it has always been excellent and the prices reasonable. Any problems I have ever had were resolved immediately by our waiter/waitress or manager. If you love supports it is a great place to take the family where you can have dinner out and not miss the game. I have so much good to say about Applebee's it would take pages, so I'll just say this: If you had a bad experience with Applebee's then I would place the blame with yourself because you didn't speak up. NO Applebee's will let you have a bad experience unless you don't open your mouth. So, for anyone who want's to bad mouth Applebee's I have this to say to you: While everyone has their right to their own opinion, don't list a bad review unless you attempted to resolve it first.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kitchener, Canada
“Cheap meal when you split the entrée”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a big lunch, so weren't that hungry for dinner. Decided to split the regular-size Crusted pecan chicken salad and added some rolls. Applebee's has decided not to include the price of wine on the menu, so we asked the waitress to find the cost of the one we were considering. She was happy to do so, which got her points in my book. Our bill, with wine, came to about $25.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Ontario
“Good drinks - Decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The best part! Proximity to our hotel. Don't have to worry about drinking and driving. Love the 2 for $20 value meals and the frozen margaritas!

Visited November 2012