“Good food, family atmosphere, steaks that are best in the southern tier” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moretti's Restaurant

Ranked #54 of 98 Restaurants in Elmira
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food, family atmosphere, steaks that are best in the southern tier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

Good food, family atmosphere, steaks that are best in the southern tier

Pittsburgh, PA
“Great filet, forget about the rest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

Extrordinarily good filet mingon ($32) although a bit too much salt used during the grilling process.
Chicken breast was too thick and overcooked - thin medallions in a lemon/caper sauce would have been much more palatable. Gnocchi was thick and tasteless, covered in a generic marinara sauce that was not ordered - I had requested the dumplings be prepared with a bit of butter and parmesan cheese.
The sauteed spinach and "greens and beans" could have been successful if they were not left swimming in an excess of oil, butter(?) and whatever else was used - I literally had about 6 ounces of liquid in my side order of greens and a mixed up ocean of sauteed spinach liquid and a cornstarch-enhanced lemon and wine sauce for the previously mentioned chicken breast....most unappetizing.
The bread presented at the table brought back memories of Wonder Bread one ate as a child. Ugh!
Salad with blue cheese dressing was ok - minestrone soup was an experience in disappointment - I could have sworn ketchup was used for flavoring!
The Morettis need to get out of Elmira and go to dinner at a decent italian restaurant - the food people expected 30 years ago is no longer acceptable.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love the old world feeling. I don't go often, but I so do love going there, it is very romantic place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

new york
“My favorite place in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

I have been a customer of Morretti's since we moved to this area in 1972. I can honestly state that I have enjoyed every visit during this timespan. The food is consistently excellent and the service and atmosphere are second to none.
There is nothing more enjoyable than sitting in the back room with friends while leisurely savoring coffee and desert following an excellent meal.

NYC
“Consistantly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2007

We have been going to Moretti's on our upstate trips since 1979 Over the years we have found the food & service to be consistantly good. Living in NYC, we appreciate being able to get good Italian food in a rural area. Up until 3 yearts ago, we had never tried their steaks,
which we found to be quite good. The atmosphere is not fancy, but comfortable.