“Excellent Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 94 Restaurants in Elmira
Cuisines: American
Description: Locally owned and operated for over 25 years. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Our food is homemade our service is friendly and we take care of the folks. You will never leave hungry, we promise.
Keyser, West Virginia
“Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Breakfast was delicious and prices couldn't be lower. Everything was delicious, except I tried the banana bread french toast - it just didn't turn out to be that great of a combination. I wish I would have just gotten the regular french toast which looked better. Sausage gravy and biscuits was excellent, and the omelette breakfast was more food than one person could handle. Prices were really low on everything, and the service, cleanliness, and atmosphere was excellent.

Visited April 2014

“It is hit or miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were there for a fish fry on our first visit-to say that we were disappointed is an understatement-the fish had been in a warming pan from the obvious dryness and the cool temperature. The coleslaw was a disaster. The roll was ice cold and disintegrated when we tried to apply the butter pat that accompanied it. Everywhere I looked-there were people simply pushing the food around on their plates-more was returned to the kitchen than was actually eaten. The mac and cheese was acceptable. We tried not to let this dissuade us from trying the place again-we went back for breakfast-the homemade sausage is really good, the grilled banana bread is also very good-the service was quick and efficient. The next 2 times we went for breakfast it was really good again, we were just there recently and the same breakfast that was always so good wasn't up to par this time. The waitress forgot our sausage and brought it after we had already eaten the rest of the meal, the banana bread had so much grease on it that it had a hard time from slipping off my plate. The homefries were tasteless and cold . The waitress kept apologizing. It wasn't her fault about the poor quality-it was her fault about the sausage however. People also say it has the best icecream-nothing special there either-they don't have soft serve just hard packed.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jamie B, Owner at Maple Lawn Dairy Restaurant, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
I would like to express my sincere apology that you did not enjoy your visits to our restaurant. It is our goal to be sure no guest leaves our restaurant unhappy. We do our very best to offer fresh, plentiful and delicious meals each and every day. Upon your visit you should have had a great meal and service. I do make our ice cream right here on the premises using only the highest quality ingredients. We do serve soft serve in all seasons except winter. We only ever use 100% butter when grilling our fresh baked banana bread. Our breakfast potatoes are cooked and grilled fresh daily. We use only the finest Icelandic Haddock for our fish fry. Our rolls are baked fresh daily in our bakery. We appreciate and welcome any time a guest shares any concerns about our food or service with us. I hope you will give us another chance, our email address is, maplelawndairy@stny.rr.com.
Elmira, New York
“Feel like your right at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Made my way down last week, forgot how charming it is there. Had some delicious homemade soup and their homemade special of the day. Both were exceptional... can't wait to get in there for their breakfast (had to check out their menu before I left.)

Visited October 2013
Horseheads, New York
“Very Nice Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We originally were going to have breakfast at The Classic cafe but they didn't want to open 2 minutes early so we decided to go to Maple Lawn for breakfast and I am glad we did. The corned beef hash was homemade and not out of a can and was very good. The eggs were cooked perfectly and the service was fast, good and they were very friendly. The prices were very resonable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A return visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

After a previous visit was not to my liking. I decided to try again. It was a pleasant experience. The food was very good (Fish Fry) as was the service. The restaurant was nice and clean also. Try this spot,I'm sure that you would enjoy it.

• Visited June 2013