“Just OK...” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Florida
“Just OK...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have not been here for about a dozen years or so and were quite disappointed as to how run down this elegant diner has become. The place looked dingy and unkempt, yet, the service was still very good and the food was ok.
Thank goodness that the diner has a large parking lot, for the area has become very congested and parking on the streets is impossible.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Middle Village, New York
“Great Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I visit or order take out when we just don't feel like making breakfast. We get the Western Omelette with a side order of Corn Beef Hash. It's enough for both of us and our little one who loves the side of potatoes! Also comes with toast! Oh and the side order of corn Beef Hash is a decent portion for two! Only reason I did not rate this place 5 stars is because I cannot vouch for items on the Dinner menu.

Visited September 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Late night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

If I remember correctly the Georgia Diner was open 24 hrs and was only a short walk from the Pan American Hotel. I had the same waiter three or four times that I ate there. He was great. The food was good and the staff very friendly. If I go back I would surely eat there again.

Visited November 2012
Forest Hills, New York
“The more you're willing to pay, the better the experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had lunch here on a Monday and the place was quite crowded. The GEORGIA DINER seems to be very popular with middle class Queens residents, including many retirees. The interior is like that of a classic, old-fashioned diner, only brighter and cleaner. There are some tables but mostly booths, and swivelling, padded chairs at the counter. You get the sound of clanking dinnerware and an aroma of coffee in the air.

The thick menu includes lots of rather expensive, complex dishes that you (or, at least, I) wouldn’t expect to find at a diner. (There seemed to be a lot of seafood on the menu.)

I went for the inexpensive Lunch Special: For $9.95, you get a choice of soup, main course, dessert and coffee, tea or soda. I chose some kind of noodle soup (I forget exactly), a “Teriyaki Chicken on a Roll”, and pound cake for dessert, along with a Diet Coke.

My chicken teriyaki sandwich was odd in that I couldn’t see what was “Teriyaki” about it. It was just grilled chicken on a bun without any sauce. It was okay but not what I expected.

The lunch special food was nothing special, but then what did I expect for $9.95?

My take on this place is that you can get very good food if you order the more expensive items on the menu. The Georgia Diner seems to be a place where you get what you pay for.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Felt Very Rushed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The last time I was at the Georgia Diner the waiter attempted to take my plate away even while I was still eating. He would pick up my plate and I would have to tell him that I still was not finished. This happened twice. This was probably a singular occurrence but it's one I won't forget. Their food was mediocre and very expensive

Visited January 2013