“Nice hotel, but ended up in a smoking room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville

You added Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Mill Street, Mill St & Washington St Intersection, Ellicottville, NY 14731   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ellicottville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel, but ended up in a smoking room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Seems like quite a new hotel and in general it was nice and clean. My problem was that I got given a smoking room even though I requested non-smoking. I'm sure these days that smoking rooms are much worse than they ever used to be given that only people who really need to smoke would stay in one. It smelled pretty bad and I would have liked to have change, but my only options were this room or a full suite which would have been really expensive. I felt that they could have given me a complimentary upgrade given the confusion, but on the flipside, the staff did everything they could to make the room as bearable as possible - they gave me an ioniser and a whole stock of Fabreze. It didn't make up for it completely, but at least they were trying! The breakfast was very good - buffet style with a good selection. Overall, if it wasn't for the smoking room mix up, I probably would have given it a very good or excellent and I will return - I'll just make extra sure about the room!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
mjsherb, Assistant General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you writing your review about the Wingate by Wyndham, Ellicottville. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to apologize for the smoking room you received while staying with us. We appreciate any feedback, as it helps us to fine tune our operations. I’m glad you enjoyed our other amenities while you were here. We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future! Looking forward to seeing you again here at the Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville.

Amanda Walsh
Assistant General Manager
Wingate By Wyndham, Ellicottville
(716) 699 6000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orchard Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel itself was great; clean room, comfortable, perfect location. However, upon arrival, checking in was uncomfortable. The staff was not very welcoming and seemed to be giving my partner and myself attitude towards our room choice and continued to give an unpleasant mindset, including ignoring my partner's existence as she stood next to me at the counter. We felt disrespected in this way. Not all staff acted like this, but to those that did, it was unappreciated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

mjsherb, Assistant General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for posting about the Wingate in Ellicottville with the Trip Advisor family! On behalf of the entire staff we would like to apologize about your concerns at check in. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at any time. We hope you will stay with us here at the Wingate in Ellicottville again.

Amanda Walsh
Assistant General Manager
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
(716) 699-6000
ellicottvillewingate@yahoo.com

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville

Address: 11 Mill Street, Mill St & Washington St Intersection, Ellicottville, NY 14731
Location: United States > New York > Ellicottville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ellicottville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Ellicottville Hotel Ellicottville
Wingate Hotel Ellicottville

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.