“Loved the Mountain Coaster!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Sports Complexes
Attraction Details
Monroe, New York
“Loved the Mountain Coaster!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

What Fun!! It was a lot more than I first thought it would be! It was A LOT of fun, even if my companion didn't use the brake once! Great time!

Ontario, Canada
“great choice for active families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We are a family of 4 (parents early 40s with 9 and 11yr old kids) and we are still taking about our day @ Sky High two weeks later. What a great time we had (and a great workout as well)!!
A little intimidating at first take......don't let the quick and maybe somewhat confusing instruction at the start change your mind. Get geared up and head up the mountain - you won't regret it!! Safe and easy to get the hang of the gear once you get going. Staff was very accomodating - especially Donna - she tacked on an extra hour to our ticket as we were called down the mountain due to nearby lightning strikes and rain just before we were to do the Grand Rapids down to the base (tandem 6 or 7 long zip lines down - kind of the grand finale). Kids were so happy to have the opportunity to go back up the mountain and have that experience. Don't forget to take the mountain roller coaster ride - it was cool. We will be back again real soon!

Visited August 2012
Buffalo, NY
17 attraction reviews
“Great time for family with teens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We paid $45 each for 3 hours and although that seemed pricey we ended up thinking it was well worth it. We went well over the 3 hours and it was plenty of time to do everything we could do physically in 1 day. Your arms and hands get pretty sore. The staff was great. The course was pretty elaborate and the setting was beautiful. Try to go early and beat the crowds because once the park fills up you do end up having to wait for people quite a bit. You feel very safe all clipped in. We will definitely return!

Visited August 2012
Williamsville
70 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun and some OMG moments!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Let me start by saying that I'm a retiree who would never have gone to this place except for a visiting teenage niece. We both loved this place. My niece would have gladly stayed longer if we'd let her. I confess I completed only the easiest courses, but they were plenty fun and challenging enough for me. I'll also add that both my niece and I were a bit sore the following morning, but they were only minor muscle aches. I would gladly do this again. The courses are well thought out. There were plenty of staff members around to offer assistance and suggestions. It seems that everybody who was in the park the day we were there was having a good time, and everybody seemed happy to offer support and encouragement to others. I couldn't help but wonder how some of the "obstacles" were dreamed up. There are many. I'd say it would be helpful if you're reasonably physically fit and agile. If you are, then go fot it. This was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Jamestown NY
11 attraction reviews
“A wonderful blend of outdoor fun, skill and excercise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I are 52 and had decided to give an experiential birthday gift to our 13 year old nephew. We are in reasonably fit condition, but have our limitations. We found that this fun park to be a great way to enjoy nature, play like a kid, test our physical skills, challenge our fears, get tons of adrenaline rushes and get a super fun work-out.
The staff was friendly,well informed and helpful in many ways; From tips on how to get through the various creatively designed obstacle courses, to sharing funny stories and giving encouragement and praise.
The park alternates between different climbing stages, unstable bridges and zip line rides, organized into 4 different levels of skill intensities. The safety harness system is well designed so that most people can effortlessly and confidently navigate themselves through the winding aerial pathways. Our nephews father is not comfortable with heights, yet after the first 2 obstacles he was making his way with a smile and eagerness to conquer the next aerial maneuver. It is a fun family activity on the green and yellow courses ,yet can appeal to people who need to do extreme outdoor activities on the blue and black levels.
At the end of your tree hopping adventure you get several zip-line rides in a row ,capped off by a long dramatic one back to the base. If you want, you can also include 1 or many rides on the gravity powered mountain coaster, which is a fun ride, but not what I would call a connoisseurs ride. There is even a photographer on staff who captures some shots of everyone so you don't have to do it.
On the whole this attraction was everything I hoped it would be and much more. ...And more room for challenge and improvement (on my side) for my next visit! I was fun to get a small sense of what Mr, Walenda feels when he walks the tight rope!.