Probably best to do this in point form...
1) We were ripped off when we got there, the manager charged me MORE than what was on my booking resevation, she stated that their online system wasn't working correctly. I almost believed her...except that I didn't book online! I booked over the phone (with her no less) and she must have entered my info into their system and she refused to honour what my reservation stated was the cost of the room.
2) Room was NOT what was described on their website. It was supposed to have a pullout couch but had a regular couch instead. The manager stated that the old couch got infested with mice (!!) and had to be removed. When I stated that there weren't enough beds for our family she just shrugged.
3) The room smelled terrible! My wife called it a stench, not a "smell".
4) No towels or soap provided, we had to use our own.
5) Found a mouse trap (empty, thank God) and a thick layer of dust and mouse droppings under the bed. Yuk!
6) Toilet and shower were stained and generally filthy and would you believe the bathroom was carpeted? It was just BLACK around the toilet (that may explain the smell). Disgusting.
7) Wallpaper peeling off the wall in the bathroom, nails pounded into the walls to act as hooks, did I mention the smell?
8) It was so bad we left after one night even though we had paid for two...found a nice hotel in Buffalo (it was worth the drive). That was $300 wasted. DO NOT STAY AT KELLY HOUSE! The place is for sale and the manager doesn't give a rip about making your stay a decent one. It's sad, apparently the place used to be much better.
A quick message to Kelly House: you are not fooling anyone by posting "10 out of 10; super duper awesome place to stay" ratings on yourself...no one could come away from Kelly House without experiencing at least some of what happened to us. Show some class and try to fix what is broken instead. Anyone interested in buying your property will no doubt search the web and get a better idea of what it is really like and creating self-promoting postings only makes you look worse