“great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Telemark Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ellicottville
Telemark Motel
You added Telemark Motel to your Saves list
6089 Route 219 S, Ellicottville, NY 14731   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ellicottville
buffalo ny
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

this will be are 3rd time at the motel....very clean and walking distance to everything....great place....room was nice size with clean bathroom and shower.. nice porch to sit out on....walking distance to ellicotville for the shops..summer or winter a great place to stay....

Room Tip: book early in the winter months and any of the events in ellicotville
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ajax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our first trip to Ellicotville to go skiing/snowboarding for a few days. I booked this motel online based on their pictures and reviews (it was rated 'Very Good'). My daughter and I were traveling with our dog so some of our choices were limited. I finally ended up booking here and WHAT A MISTAKE I made! We had to stay in the A frame room which is above the motel office (a tiny, tiny room that also contained the laundry room, a washroom, coffee maker and some prepackaged treats), it was just sad. When we first arrived the woman that was in the 'office' was not friendly at all and I think managed to say a few words to us, but that was it. Well, the room, it was so small I think the mice and ants that inhabit it are probably hunchbacked. The room was so gross, now that I'm home, I feel like I need to disinfect everything! The tv in the room is a good 35 - 40 years old (I know that because the one I have at home is about 30 years old). There's an old two seater couch, and a vinyl chair in the room then the bedroom is separated by a 'wall' that doesn't go all the way up. The bathroom is about the size of one you might find on a cruise ship (if you are a bigger person you don't want to be here!). When you turned on the sink tap you could only turn it on to a trickle as much more produced a spray that went all over the toilet seat. It also took about 5 minutes to get anything that resembled warm water (what a waste). The bed is a 3/4 (I didn't even know those were around anymore), it was comfortable enough and I slept okay, but the place was cold. Behind the couch, they had this dirty air conditioner and some disgusting old blue cushions stored which made things even worse just knowing that it was there. We had just checked in, saw the room, and immediately went across the street to find out if there were any rooms available for our second night - no luck. We tried a couple of other places, but they were either booked or didn't take dogs. We were stuck in this place for two nights! I do have to say, on the second day we were there, there was another lady in the office and she was lovely. I'm not sure what the other rooms look like, but find somewhere else, this place was just gross! Now that we're home, we can laugh about it, but it was just awful, without a doubt, the worst hotel/motel I've ever stayed in! We went to visit the 'Black Dog Lodge' one day just to see it (that was another option I had), it was beautiful and around the same price, maybe a bit more, and also a bit further away, but we're going there next year!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
evillejt, Owner at Telemark Motel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We really did not know how to respond to your untrue comments about the motel. We take pride in the cleanliness and in our little business. We apologize for the TV being "old" but it works well and as pointed out by our guests offers many channel selections. The bed is a double. There aren't heating issues since there is baseboard heat and an additional wall heater. Why would you not call us if you were in fact cold? Your snide comment referring to vermin was untrue and a poor attempt at humor at someone else's expense. I would think if that were the case you would have been down in the office. We aren't even going to address the criticism of our "small" office or tiny bathroom. One thing was correct and that was the amount of time it requires for the water to get warm. We recently upgraded our water heating system and since the building is at the end the water takes some time getting there. We will address this issue.The A Frame is our only accommodation suitable for pets. It offers a deck and is situated away from the motel so no one is disturbed by a pet who may be barking when you are out skiing. It is convenient to the slopes and to check on your pet during the ski day or night. In closing I would like to comment about The Black Dog Lodge and your information about pricing. Indeed the lodging is lovely. After checking their website prices found them to charge 2.5 to 4 times more than what we charge. And we think that's more than a little bit. We have had many guests request the a frame on their return visits for its coziness and privacy. We are sorry you were unhappy.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed here twice this year. We are from Pittsburgh and refuse to ski local at SS and found this to be the most reasonable and convenient. We travel to ski and enjoy the great restaurants and town and night. I make one trip with my family here a year and stay at HVI which is great for them. For my buddy and I Telemark is perfect!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toledo, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Had a good stay at the Telemark while skiing at Holiday Valley. For the price its hard to beat, good value and excellent service!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Beamsville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed last night and had a great experience. All the staff I met were very friendly and helpful. The rooms have been updated and although its definitely not a five star and you can't compare it to the expensive inn across the street, (which is more than double the price) it was a very pleasant and clean room. We just had to walk across the street to get on the ski lift. There is no wifi, but with the ski chalets being so close, you don't have far to go to get connected. The t.v. cable service even provides a Canadian station, ctv. which I've never experienced at any other hotel in the states. That was a really nice change and unlike some hotels where you get a million stations with nothing on them, this selection was quite nice. (not that t.v. is so important, but my one son had a fall and didn't feel like going back out on the hill). We'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs and it had a nice high ceiling that made the room feel open and spacey
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Clarion, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed at the Telemark Motel for a weekend ski trip for our son and his friends. We stayed in the two bedroom suite. The rooms were not opulent or luxurious but they were very clean and comfortable. The people at the front desk were extremely helpful and pleasant. They provided us with extra towels, coffee, hot chocolate, and danish all with a smile when we arrived in the office. We were made to feel very welcome.
The location was awesome! The boys walked from the slopes to our room then walked later that evening to some restaurants nearby.
I would highly recommend the Telemark Motel to anyone who wants a good value, clean motel with a wonderful location. We will stay here again next year!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

The owners/operators of the Telemark Motel have made continuous operating and capital improvements over the last fifteen(15) years. i would expect nothing less.

Room Tip: Go 'on-line' and see actual photos.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Telemark Motel? Share your experiences!