“My favorite ski destination” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Wellness & Spas
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular ski resort that offers down-hill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding and horse-drawn sleigh rides.
Fairport, New York, United States
“My favorite ski destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We love this place, the facilities are among the best I have seen. They keep everything up to date and have some of the best events. The after skiing activities are great, we really enjoy Tannenbaum lodge. It has a great bar upstairs.

Visited March 2013

Columbus Ohio
126 attraction reviews
“Great Skiing. Plenty of Unique Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We love the speed lifts. The trails are good ranging from easy to difficult. I love the woods trails. Plenty of bathrooms and there clean. The main lodge was too busy but the resturant upstairs was empty and the prices were normal for a sit down resturant.

We went on a Thursday so there were no waits on the lifts. They received 6 inches so conditions were perfect, especially since it snowed most of the day.

If you rent skiis, rent from the many places outside the resort. There cheaper and better quality.

Visited February 2013
Evergreen, Colorado
“Yodeler Lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Historic and charming. Great for wedding receptions. The lodge can accommodate several hundred. One drawback is the rest rooms are located quite a distance from the party area and down a large staircase. Food is average quality.

Visited September 2013
Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
6 attraction reviews
“15+ years of fun with friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Holiday Valley has always been good to us and our group of friends that began staying here when we were in college. My husband and many of his friends do the skiing. They always rave about how great the runs are and how well they are groomed. I do the shopping and site seeing. We always stay during the Winter Festival/ Mardi Gras weekend.

We have stayed mostly in Alpine Meadows, but stayed one in Snowpine. Each offered everything we needed for a comfortable stay. This year we stayed in a completely updated condo/rental! It was fabulous! Hard wood floors, new kitchen complete with backsplash and beautiful cabinets. A huge flat screen tv mounted above a gas fire place. Shag-like run- everything was modern and comfortable. We will definitely request this rental again!

This past March I and my sister did our own "bar tour" in town, and I have to say that each place had its own charm and warmth. My favorite 2 places were very different in atmosphere. #1 Madigan's- all the staff were dressed up as the walking dead to celebrate Mardi Gras weekend. They were super, super friendly. The bar extends along the left wall when you enter and stretches the whole way to the back with lots of pub tables located through out. #2- Kabob Kafe- we sat at the bar and sampled some wine and chatted it up with the bar tender and other customers. It was warm and cozy.

Cadillac Jack's is worth a mention. It was always packed with all sorts of interesting people and some really fabulous wings.

In past years, I've done the historic homes walking tour and visited the newer winery in town. The owner gave me a little tour and education on the wine making process. I've also attended the parade. This year I was really impressed by all the creative floats. Each year I visit all the shops and stores along the main street in town. Everything about the place is family friendly and will deliver an enjoyable trip.

Visited March 2013
Rochester
8 attraction reviews
“Sky High Mountain Roller Coaster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a feeling going to the top of the mountain in a 2 passenger coaster, and then going down through the trees and twists, turns and cork screw, what a blast. Our 2 kids enjoyed this so much we went on it 4 times, a little pricey but well worth the money to do it.

Visited August 2013