“Burgers and pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Ellenville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Aroma Thyme is the Hudson's Valley 1st Certified Green(C) Restaurant. Take the guessing game out of where your food comes from. Chef Marcus Guiliano prides himself using local and family run businesses from wherever the product is from. Aroma Thyme features 250 craft beers, 300 wines and very well stocked bar. Open seven days.
Rock Hill, New York
“Burgers and pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food is organic, tastes good, and has a nice relax ambiance. I cant seem to stay away from the bre burger, its just amazing. The pizza is also very good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great Food, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I stopped in after the theater. Although the place was filling up quickly, we were seated right away and were given menus. We waited about 10 min. before the bartender came to take our order, while at least 4 waitresses just walked back and forth doing nothing.
After another 20 min. the bartender returned to see how we were doing, he realized that we hadn't gotten our meals yet. He quickly went to the kitchen, and returned with them. All this while the other waitresses still wandered around.

I had the open faced portabello burger. It came with roasted potatoes and a vegetable combo.
My husband had the roasted sliced portabellos with mashed sweet potatoes and greens. Both our meals were delicious.

Although the food is pricey ($16.99 for the burger) , we would give another try. Hopefully the service will be better.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Support this gem of a restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I drive from Port Jervis (almost an hour) to dine here because I believe in supporting local agriculture & restaurants who genuinely care about the quality & source of their menu ingredients. AromaThyme Bistro has never failed to please my palate nor my conscious...I'm a devoted fan!

Port Ewen, New York
“Yes, You Should Go To Ellenville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Aroma Thyme's emphasis on local, healthy, wholesome food is what makes it special and worth the trip to Ellenville. Marcus, the owner, goes to a lot of trouble to source the best food and drink items, to stay environmentally conscientious and to combine healthful selections with food fun. In other words, you can go to Aroma Thyme Bistro knowing you will enjoy your meal and also feel good about what you ate. My husband and I shared a Greek salad (perfect balance of ingredients) and an order of fresh calamari (much better than the usual batter saturated rings). For 1 entrée, we ordered the soft shell crabs (2) served over a bed of chorizo flecked roasted corn; the dish was rich and deeply flavored. Our other entrée was Thai shrimp and vegetables in coconut broth . . . a sizeable portion with a side dish of yummy brown rice. I am usually reluctant to order shrimp at all in a restaurant, but I trust the reliability Marcus' source. Unfortunately, we didn't have time or room for dessert. Aroma Thyme is not cheap - - - you pay for the quality ingredients and careful preparation - - - but it is worth it. The staff is professional, friendly and knowledgeable. If you are not planning a trip to Ellenville (NY), go anyway, because the food will make the trip very memorable.

Walden, NY
“Want to know specifics about the food, ask for Carl, he's the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Food and drink is the best. The quality and service are top notch. After my first experience at Aroma Thyme it became my favorite restaurant. I go back once a month. Can't say enough about it. Worth the drive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere