“Unexpected Treasure in a Small Town” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Ellenville
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Aroma Thyme is the Hudson's Valley 1st Certified Green(C) Restaurant. Take the guessing game out of where your food comes from. Chef Marcus Guiliano prides himself using local and family run businesses from wherever the product is from. Aroma Thyme features 250 craft beers, 300 wines and very well stocked bar. Open seven days.
“Unexpected Treasure in a Small Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

After many reccomendations from numerous people we decided to take the drive and try Aroma Thyme Bistro. Regret waiting so long. We've been there 3 times in the past month. The atmosphere is laid back and inviting. The wait staff is extremely friendly and courteous. You don't feel rushed like they're just trying to turn tables over. Then there's the food. It's simply amazing. They offer an array of food, which range from the basic staple to a little exotic. All of which are done with their own flare and are absolutely delicious. Their take on a calamari appetizer is the best I've had. Make sure you save room for dessert too. Even if you have to share, it's to good to miss. Offering vegan friendly and gluten free items along with an extensive wine and alcohol list Aroma Thyme Bistro is one of the best restaurants in the area. Don't let the drive discourage you. It is beyond worth it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ChefMarcusG, Owner at Aroma Thyme Bistro, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thanks for taking the scenic drive to come dine with us. Glad to hear that your experience was a great one. It's awesome that you're new BIG fans. P.s. if you're interested, visit our website to sign up for our email list and/or our free rewards program!

Woodridge, New York
“Worth driving a little further.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently moved nearby and have eaten at Aroma Thyme almost a dozen times. Its my favorite place to entertain my loved ones or treat myself. The staff and owners are very friendly and every meal has been remarkable. The prices are very reasonable if you consider what it would cost to make the same meal at home. Many high priced places like Houstons and 3 Forks serve lower quality food. You're not paying a higher price to eat with the elite, but rather to eat the best local markets have to offer.

This place is gluten free friendly! They don't use wheat as a filler in every sauce or coat terrible meat with sweet fried batter. So most menu items are safe if you're gluten intolerant and the staff will double check for you. Also, ask them about which gluten free beer or cider they have that night.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for continuing to be a big fan and a loyal guest! We pride ourselves on being able to cater to all diets so thank you for recognizing that. We hope to see you again soon!
Wallkill, New York
“Place to go for good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you want high quality food this is the place for you! Not the lowest price but still great value for the portions and service. Wine choices are excellent as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for the food compliments. It is always so nice to hear our guests rave about our food. We hope to see you again soon, thank you for the support!
Suffern, New York
“Best food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am never disappointed with the delicious food at this unique restaurant.
If you have not tried the tuna, it is a must. I eat out all the time at top restaurants and no one's tuna comes close. Recently I tried the steak again (I had the tuna for an appetizer).. The taste brought me back to my childhood. You just can't find that taste anymore. My children have special diets (no meat ,chicken, dairy products and Aroma can satisfy all our wants and needs. I have also made a party there that brought raves! The pizza, pasta, wine, salads, are all wonderful.
The staff is well informed and very helpful, and friendly. They really care and want to make sure you are satisfied.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We are so thankful to hear how much you enjoy our food. Our tuna is our most popular dish and we couldn't be happier that you enjoy it so much, and that your children can enjoy food here as well. Thank you for your continuous support!
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Great food,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

So many delicious options on the menu, it will take you a while to decide, its a green menu and most if not all of the food comes from local sources. Our waiter Carl was very knowledgeable and was able to answer any question we had before ordering. They also have a very impressive drink selection, extremely well stocked bar. Everything was delicious. They were very accomodating, we were a large group (14) and had to change our reservation with short notice. When I spoke to them on the phone they said no problem, considering it was a Saturday night I was impressed. I would have given a 5 rating but the service seemed slow, it didn't bother us at all since we were a large group and were enjoying conversation. However I could see how that may bother some people who also seem to be in a rush.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
I would like to apologize for the slow service the night you came in to dine with us. However, thank you very much for being so understanding. We are happy to accommodate you in any way, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and that Carl was a great help.