“Working in Elizabethtown has been a pleasure.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Namaste Inn Bed & Breakfast

Namaste Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elizabethtown
Namaste Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Namaste Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
12 Footbridge Lane, Elizabethtown, NY 12932   |
Philadelphia, PA
“Working in Elizabethtown has been a pleasure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

My company has a client in Elizabethtown, NY. I was pleased to know Namaste was in the heart of Elizabethtown. I have spent multiple nights at the B&B over the last few months and I have been extremely satisfied. There is Wi-Fi available in the rooms which essential for me. The owners are extremely accommodating and take great care of you. The rooms are wonderful and extremely comfortable. Lastly, the breakfast is excellent and it is a great way to start day. I would recommend Namaste to anyone traveling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

My husband and I went here to celebrate our first anniversary and we loved it. We found Namaste because we knew we wanted to stay in the Adirondack/Lake Champlain area in a B&B. The fall colors were still amazing even into October. This was the first time in a B&B for either of us and it was an awesome experience. Ron and Gail are very welcoming and friendly. The breakfasts were delicious, and they even accommodated our vegetarian needs. There was great conversation over breakfast each morning with the Testas and other guests. We stayed in the blue room which was very clean and comfortable. There is a decent selection of things to do in the area. We went to Vermont one day, and Lake Placid for dinner one night. Having never hiked a mountain before, Gail and Ron gave us plenty of information to help us find a smaller peak we could handle. They are very knowledgeable about the area. There is nothing we didn't like about this trip. We would recommend this place to anyone, and we have already talked about going back!

West Brandywine, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Our stay with Ron and Gail was outstanding! We have stayed at many B&B's here in the States and in Europe and Namaste is right up there with the best. Set in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains, Namaste Inn is very clean and the rooms are adequately appointed. Their breakfasts are excellent, very fresh, and Ron and Gail eat with their guests. What a great way to get to know each other! It's like staying with "family".

Gail is a Yoga instructor and she has a room set up on the third floor that you can use...free of charge! Whether it's Yoga, meditation, or exercise this room will give you energy. We would highly recommend Namaste Inn for your next get-away.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

We've visted Namaste three times now and intend on visiting again. Ron and Gail host with ease and charm and the location is minutes away from fabulous hiking and biking trails. While Namaste is small, it is big on charm. Gail's homemade muffins help make the hot breakfast even better. Namaste is a fall staple for us!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Syracuse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I planned a trip to a bed and breakfast because my significant other had never been to one. He was pretty hung up on the idea of sharing a bathroom with strangers so I really wanted to prove him wrong. The Adirondack park is gorgeous in the fall. I picked Namaste because I had never seen any accommodations receive all excellent reviews.

When we arrived the inn was as described, pretty, well decorated, quiet, and immaculately clean, Gail and Ron were very pleasant, and welcoming, and the room was charming, and comfortable. Still, 24 excellent reviews had my curiosity piqued. In the morning a abundant home cooked, and delicious breakfast. had my man smiling from ear to ear. The best thing about the breakfast however, was the conversation, and the hospitality of our hosts. It soon became obvious that all those great reviews were brought about by the whole experience that Gail and Ron offer their guests. Though it seemed quite effortless, it is no small feat to balance such warm hospitality while still affording your guests total privacy.

So here you have another excellent review. I cannot imagine anything having been done better. We would most certainly stay again. Everything was very professionally, and thoughtfully done to the last detail. Enjoy.

Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I was looking for a place to stay for a few days near
The Meadowmount School of Music near Westport, NY while our violinist daughter settled into the rigours of this famous summer school for dedicated young classical musicians. Searching via internet, The Namaste Inn came to my attention and first appealed because its website appeared charming and welcoming, yet also clean and orderly (which is actually a difficult combination to get right and this B&B does) and because of a very unique amenity -- a yoga room. While I am not a devotee, I do enjoy practicing some Tai Chi and some yoga. This is now my second stay at The Namaste Inn, and I have been made to feel so comfortable here that I plan to return next summer when our daughter returns to Meadowmount. Gail and Ron Testa are the very likable owners and innkeepers of this 2-guest room inn. The location is on a quiet lane within walking distance (over a little footbridge) to the center of Elizabethtown. Meadowmount is about a 6 or 7 mile drive from Elizabethtown. At first, this seemed like quite a long distance, but I quickly became accustomed to it and the drive is an easy one. While many guests seem to be parents of Meadowmount students, others are primarily hikers and others who enjoy the beauty of these mountains. The Inn is close to several hiking trails and The Testas are knowledgeable about these. Ron is a retired architect and so while the house, which is also their home, has wonderful porches, gardens, some lovely period character, and an intangible good 'feel', the two-story house is fully renovated and is up-to-date. ( If you are looking for a historic Adirondack feel, or an old antique-filled B&B, this is not it. ) My room -- the blue one - is spacious, very clean and comfortable in all respects. I have slept well here. There is a window a/c unit, but it is August and already the nights are cooler. The bathroom has a shower rather than a tub, and Gail has kindly thought of putting some toiletries/necessities within easy reach. The inn's wireless internet connection has proved reliable, which is important because cellular phone service here is not very good. The breakfasts are really superb -- especially the waffles. Ron and Gail make excellent hosts. They are friendly, educated and interesting, and also they know when and how to let guests get on with their day. The only aspect of this pretty b&b that I can see which needs some improvement is the driveway/parking. When it rains, big rather muddy puddles form. As for the general area, Elizabethtown really has only one restaurant open for dinner (though it is a good one -- The Deershead Inn). So be prepared to drive in order to eat anywhere else in the evening. For some thing simple like pizza, The Dogwood Bread Company in nearby Wadham is particularly worthy of the miles (maybe 8?). There are some intriguing old houses in need of attention in E'town. Maybe a brave local soul will invest in a wonderful little Italian restaurant? But otherwise, this is a very enjoyable b&B for a few leisurely days and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

I had not visited the Adirondacks since 1983. After a tiring flight from Texas, Ron and Gail Testa and Namaste Inn welcomed me with a comfortable bed, private shower, and non-intrusive warmth. My room overlooked their garden area and the pine woodlands. I enjoyed the cleanliness of their freshly renovated Victorian home. Breakfasts are still memorable and the Testa's company was friendly and conversations were varied and interesting. The 2 Namaste Inn mascot dogs were well-behaved. I visited in the winter and found the entire house comfortably temperate. Their quiet road leads to the local river and park, and an easy stroll into the heart of town. Several days at The Namaste Inn afforded me a time of renewal and I went on my journey refreshed. I have stayed in numerous bed & breakfasts and give The Testas and their Namaste Inn my highest compliments.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Been to Namaste Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!