“Awful stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Ottawa, Canada
“Awful stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had booked for two nights with mom and sister. Sisters room would not lock and she said she would shower in our room cause hers was very grungy and I had bought an anti slip may to stand on. She was moved to another room that wasn't much cleaner. Rooms are tired and dingy. Tv connection was bad. After one night we decided to check out. Computer at front desk was having issues at desk clerk was VERY unprofessional and yelling at it and complaining. Free breakfast was a joke. Luckily there was a Dennyd close by.

Best part of stay was the fantastic dinner at Justin's Tuscan Grill right across the street.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salisbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I arrived really extra early and the management had a room ready for me in no time!!! Everyone very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Webster, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Needed a room for an overnight while attending the Syracuse Nationals. This Super 8 was really tired! The hotel looks rely run down. The door to our room was loose, the security lock was broken, the shower curtain rod was obviously replaced 3 times with no attempt to repair the previous holes, and the room has a funky odor. There are too many hotels in Carrier Circle to ever stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Calcium, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We reserved a non-smoking king room. When we arrived all they had were smoking queen rooms available & one non-smoking queen room with a broken air conditioner. Since it was warm out we took one of the smoking queen rooms. We were aware there would some smoke odor, but little did we know that the room would be filthy, including the lamp shades, the walls & the bathroom. To add to it, the toilet would not flush & there was no water in tank. We informed the desk clerk & she tried to fix the toilet, but after that the toilet kept running. We then requested we move to the non-smoking room with the broken air conditioner. It was cleaner, but we had to prop the windows open with coat hangers, plus the windows had no screens. The sad thing was there were no other availabilities due to an event that was going on. This nasty place cost us over $100.00.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gardiner, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I checked into this motel when I was in Syracuse for a few days looking for an apartment -- I checked in and checked out on the same day. I got there, and within a few minutes of getting into my very dark, dingy, and strangely smelling room, the people above me began stomping and making all kinds of noise. The place had a shady feel to begin with, so I was already turned off, but I decided to give it a chance since I paid for it -- that was until I discovered that the toilet was backed up. I called down to the front desk and was told "Wait 20 minutes and try again, and if it still doesn't work, I'll come down and plunge it". Oookay. I don't know what he thought waiting 20 minutes would do (other than allow him a bit more time to dally around on his cell phone, which he was doing when I checked in -- he barely even looked up at me), but I waited --- and surprise surprise.. still stopped up when I checked again! Again, I called down to the front desk, and this time was told 'we'll figure it out'. After another 45 minutes I still had not heard anything, and my toilet was still stopped up. At this point, I packed up my stuff and checked back out.

I've stayed at a lot of Super 8s, and have NEVER had such a horrific experience! If you can find someplace else -- ANY place else to stay while in Syracuse, do it! Do NOT stay here! It's not even slightly worth the cheap expense.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bridgeton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had the nicest guy named Allen (or Alan- don't know the spelling). He was completely helpful and very pleasant. What I am upset about is the fact that I left a brand new black high heeled shoe (left by accident) in the room. When I called and asked if there was a shoe found, a lady said no. I believe they found it and chucked it in the trash. Other than that the stay was fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Syracuse East? Share your experiences!