“did not stay - horrible” 1 of 5 stars

East Syracuse Super 8 Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6620 Old Collamer Road, East Syracuse, NY 13057   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Gatineau, Canada
“did not stay - horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

went there on July 30, 2011 and did not stay there, room filty and horrible. Smelled awfull and dirty. Service desk staff was nice and agree to refund the room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Caistor Centre
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was the worst place I have ever stayed--when we first walked in to the lobby, it was hot and there were bags of garbage all over the lobby. The carpeting was filthy and the bathroom disgusting. I will never come back, there are plenty of other hotels in the area that looked a lot nicer. We will certainly look at those next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Watertown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have every stayed at!! I've been to hotels and only payed $30 before and they were 100x better than this. When we walked in there was a band-aid on the floor and some food wrappers on the table. I went in the bathroom and there was HAIR all over the floor. The bathtub was VERY VERY DIRTY!!! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Napanee, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. My friends & I go on a shopping trip twice a year and usually stay at the Super 8 in Liverpool. Unfortunately that hotel was booked, so we ended up staying at the Super 8 in Syracuse East instead. The tub was dirt & soap scum stained. The bathroom floor was filthy as there was hair lying on the floor. The toilet was stained and had not been cleaned as there was dirt on the back of it. There was rust around the taps. I complained to the staff the first night and asked that the room be cleaned. When we got back to the hotel our beds had been made and nothing had been cleaned. I went to reception to complain again and asked for the manager. I was told he called in sick. In the end we were reimbursed $30 a night. The hotel cost $99.99 a night due to a car show that weekend. The usual rate is $69.99 which is what we ended up paying in the end. I would not pay $10 a night to stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

While this is no five star hotel, it was not as bad as some of the reviews stated. I was there for the women's bowling tournament. The toilet in the first room I was give was broken, but I was immediately give another room. If the cleaning crew actually did their job and cleaned, this hotel would be pretty nice. The bathroom really needed a good scrubbing, and I found empty sugar packets by the nightstand.

The beds were comfortable, it looked as though they were fairly new. There is a need for new pillows and new bed linens. I did find that the smoking side of the motel was pretty stinky, but once you crossed to the non smoking side, there was no stale smell. The room was pretty quiet, too, I did not hear any noise coming from either side of my room.

The breakfast does leave a lot to be desired, but for the price you are paying for the room, it's not awful.

The staff was friendly and seemed to want to take care of they things that needed attending to.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My family stayed at this motel because we just returned to Syracuse for good. When we go there I was checked in by a very nice and professional young man. He was very helpful and very courteous. Now I have seen all the reviews about dirty rooms and bed bugs but in the rooms we stayed in were clean and the beds were comfortable. The first room we stayed for a week was room 101 non smoking. Their was an issue with the ceiling it looked like it was going to drop down. We were told that the room up above had an issue with water leaking downstairs but it was fixed and this was not an issue. We left after about a week or so as we thought we were going to move back south. But that didn't happen. So we checked back in as I was going to stay at the Quality Inn but didn't because they place a hold on your credit card even if you pay cash. So you have to wait 5 to 10 days for it to clear your bank. We didn't stay there. At this Super 8 your card is charged the amount for the day you stay. We didn't pay the weekly rate as we wern't sure as I said if we were going to stay in Syracuse. The manager was very friendly and helpful. Lots of TV channels to choose from unlike motel 6 which only has maybe 20 channels tops. Our next room 201 above 101 was more modern as they had redone this room. This room had a microwave and a mini frig. This came in handy! The beds were comfortable. No bed bugs in either of the rooms we stayed in. Breakfest was not much and it would be nice if they could expand it but I was told that they need to have double sink in the kitchen area according to NY State regulations. In order to expand the choices so I was told by the manager. I admit one down side was the halls as you went further down the halls towards the smoking rooms the hall reeked of cigarettes. Another thing is the door in the back of the building does need to be fixed so people that don't belong and with out a room key can't get in. It was taped with what looked to be duct tape(NOT SAFE!!) Keep your doors double bolted. The parking lot did have nails in it from when some workers were there and that does need to be addressed. So out of five stars I give it a 3. Could use improvements. Also the Wifi does need to be able to reach those end of the halls rooms. My wife had to go the middle of the hotel upstairs to get a signal. I was told that this issue was being fixed when we were there but didn't see the results.

Room Tip: Ask for the end of the hall rooms