“Unprofessional staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse

You added Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 Old Collamer Road South, East Syracuse, NY 13057 (Formerly Hampton Inn Syracuse - Carrier Circle I-90)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
“Unprofessional staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Made reservation on road through Hilton reservation line and was told would have roll away bed available for children. When got to hotel front desk attendant advised did not have to honor what reservation line promised and refused to get bed. The individual at first refused to identify self and only gave first name of Amanda. When advised planned to complain about rude and unprofessional behavior, she responded by stating she was not concerned as uncle owned hotel. If her claim is true I suggest her uncle look outside the family for help. After she refused to honor reservation, let hotel and went down to Doubletree where staff was very helpful and professional. Nice to see someone can get it right and cares about providing good service.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
reganward, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit to our hotel. I want to personally apologize that the hotel could not accommodate your need or meet your expectations.

We want you to know your experience is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience and will be using this experience as a training tool for our future employees. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again thank you for making us aware of your experience. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!! I appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance should you return to our area in the future.

Albert Jefferson
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
North Creek, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I sought out this hotel after a marvelous Hampton stay in Vestal, NY. Unfortunately this was an entirely different experience. Stark lobby, where we were given one key for a party of two. This led us to a very cold room, and when I turned the heat on, I got that smell of burning dust when you first get your furnace going. It is the smallest room I've stayed in outside Manhattan, and the Hilton Honors lapdesk had a layer of dust on it. Cheap towels. Facial soap only. A coffee table that tried to double as a workstation offered no chair. Outlets were not well-placed for working. With so many outstanding accommodations available, it's too bad I ended up here. It should also be noted that this area is pretty much hotels only, there wasn't much else around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
reganward, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. I want to personally apologize that the hotel accommodations interfered with your comfort.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry you were disappointed in the condition of your guest room. We are following up on your concerns so that others will not be disappointed as you were.

Again thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts, we value you as a guest. Please feel free to come back and stay with us so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Albert Jefferson
Assistant General Manager
Merrimack, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed one night on our way west on the New York Thruway. I have stayed at this Hampton Inn before as well as other hotels in the Carrier circle area of Syracuse. I generally like Hampton Inns, this one is just OK. It is older than most of the other Hamptons I have stayed in and it shows. It is still clean and comfortable with a friendly staff although the desk help did seem less friendly than usual. The breakfast was decent. Since it was an off weekend there was plenty of room in the breakfast area and the room rates were reasonable.

The location is either Excellent or not so great depending on why you are in the area. If you are passing through on the New York State Thruway, this is an excellent choice. It is very convenient to exit 35. There is not much around except other hotels, so it is quiet and feels safer than some other areas of Syracuse. There are a couple of places to eat within walking distance or a short drive, but there is not a large selection. If you want to experience the city of Syracuse this is not a good choice. You will have to drive some to find more interesting food, activities or sites. If you are there to visit Syracuse University it is about a 10 or 15 minute drive.

There are a number of chain hotels very close to this Hampton Inn. I have stayed at four of the less expensive ones. While they were all OK, the Hampton Inn is more comfortable; the staff is friendlier and has a better breakfast.

Be aware, there are a number of events during the year in Syracuse which will fill up all the hotels in the Carrier Circle area (East Syracuse). Syracuse University parent’s weekend and graduation are two; I imagine the State Fair is another. During these times, the prices will be high and the breakfast area crowded. You won’t feel you are getting a good value.

Ottawa,Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed during the long weekend with all those either attending the NY State Fair or on Shopping treks! Check in very quick partially as we booked through Bookings.com therefore no real work to be done although the reception was less than hosptialable almost felt like I was a bother. Room was a "standard King room" this room is very small not suited for a King bed, however we made due and noted that the room and bathroom were clean and the bed was comfortable.
Buffet breakfast on the sunday morning was well nuts as guests stood in the lobby or leaned against anything they could to prop their plate on or assist in balancing it as it was very busy. Having said that the coffee was hot and the cooked parts of breakfast was hot as well. The issue is that many people/families wanted to cook their own waffles causing a real back up and for the number of guests (hotel at capacity) there simply was not enough tables and chairs for everyone.

The cost of the Saturday stay was jacked up like most hotels in the Syracuse area and those other areas that cater to Canadians who come on the shopping treks in the fall during the Labour day holiday.The Sunday rate was more acceptable. Overall we may stay here again but would look elsewhere first for deals.

Watertown, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Carrier Circle in East Syracuse for one night on September 2, 2012. I booked it through hotels.com, so check-in took less than five minutes. The atmosphere in the rather drab lobby and the demeanor of the on-duty desk clerk were both subdued.

We stayed in Room 216, right across from the elevators and next to the vending machines. For such a busy location, it was relatively quiet and we were able to rest well. Our room featured a queen bed and a sofa bed. Other furnishings included a desk, swivel chair, wardrobe, 2 nightstands, coffee table (which looked it came from a yard sale), 3-drawer dresser, several lamps and a flat screen TV. There was a full-size ironing board with iron, as well as an extra blanket, in the wardrobe. Iron, TV, clock radio, hair dryer and other electronic devices all worked fine. There was a one-cup coffee maker with assorted coffees that we didn’t try, as we are more “by the pot” than “by the cup” drinkers.

Although a poster in the elevator bragged “our duvets are so clean, you’ll want to sleep naked”, I was hesitant to attempt the challenge, based on the dustiness of the nightstands. It wasn’t awful, but I could tell no one’s attacked the furnishings with Endust anytime recently. The bed clothes (I assume there was a “duvet” in the mix) seemed fresh and clean, and I appreciated the four plump pillows provided. The mattress was a little on the soft side.

Bathroom was clean, although I mistakenly thought that the tub was filthy, at first glance. Closer examination proved that it was just old and badly scuffed. It really should be replaced, repainted, or covered with a bath mat (shouldn’t they have a mat for safety’s sake anyway?). The hot shower was top notch. Towels were plentiful, clean and absorbent.

Minor, nit-picky things: The wastebaskets had no plastic liners, making me wonder how sanitary they were. I assume this is an environmental concern, since there are signs all over the hotel advocating recycling. The ice bucket had water in it, leading me to assume that it had not been cleaned since the last person used it.

This hotel has reliable high speed wi-fi internet access. Cable channel guide was up-to-date. Informative guest services book, “About Town”, was provided.

Perhaps the best part of our stay was the surprisingly vast breakfast buffet. It is served starting at 6AM. Plenty of hotel guests were already up at that early hour. I despise cold continental breakfasts. I was impressed that this Hampton Inn featured an array of hot and cold food choices, including two varieties of hot cereal, six choices of cold cereal, scrambled eggs, French toast sticks, English muffins, danishes, bagels, low-fat yogurt, coffee and tea. There were 11 tables for guests to relax and watch the morning news. A computer and printer is also available in this area for community use.

The hotel staff at the Hampton Inn Carrier Circle was always present, but so was the wallpaper. Nobody working there said much of anything. The lady overseeing the dining facilities was so pale, sullen and silent, she reminded me of a ghost. The staff members behind the desk talked quietly amongst themselves, but didn’t greet guests as they mulled into the dining area. (To their credit, though, my husband says that when he went downstairs later to refill his coffee, a staff member did say “good morning” to him.)

Checking out, I was a bit put off when the guy didn’t ask us how our stay was, nor did he thank us for staying there.

A couple more nit-picky things: The soda in the vending machines were over-priced, at $1.75 a bottle. Also, and this is kind of a biggie... Hampton Inn is famous for the warm cookies that they offer in the lobby. Well, we smelled cookies when we checked in, but they never materialized! And I wasn’t going to beg.

Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Small, outdated rooms. The bathroom was tiny, and there was no room for make-up, etc. the staff here was the worst part. One morning at breakfast the staff was talking loudly ACROSS the lobby/dining area about other staff members, including 2 staff who were apparently have sexual encounters in a room. Very classy. The only time I would recommend staying here is if you end up with a choice between here and the Embassy Suites (happened to me and I made the wrong choice). I would only pick this hotel if the other option was the Embassy. Feel free to read my sarcastic review for there through my profile.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Girard, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I booked this room using my Hilton honors points as a stopping point between the adirondacks and home. I always stay at hiltons and have never been disappointed even in small towns and out-of-the-way places until this one. The bedding was fine, seemed very clean but the general state of cleanliness in the room was very poor. I can handle most oversights but the lack of cleanliness in this bathroom was more than I could take. The tub was stained beyond belief, and filthy and left with hair(pubic and men's shaved hair) in the tub, outside the tub and on the sink. Sorry but I draw the line there. Grout dirty in bathroom, mirror black on bottom... just so worn looking and unlike any Hilton I have experienced. Also when I called down to talk to manager on duty was astounded to be told that there was not one there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse? Share your experiences!