“I Will Not Go Back” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse

You added Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 Old Collamer Road South, East Syracuse, NY 13057 (Formerly Hampton Inn Syracuse - Carrier Circle I-90)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Albany, New York
“I Will Not Go Back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Small, outdated rooms. The bathroom was tiny, and there was no room for make-up, etc. the staff here was the worst part. One morning at breakfast the staff was talking loudly ACROSS the lobby/dining area about other staff members, including 2 staff who were apparently have sexual encounters in a room. Very classy. The only time I would recommend staying here is if you end up with a choice between here and the Embassy Suites (happened to me and I made the wrong choice). I would only pick this hotel if the other option was the Embassy. Feel free to read my sarcastic review for there through my profile.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Girard, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I booked this room using my Hilton honors points as a stopping point between the adirondacks and home. I always stay at hiltons and have never been disappointed even in small towns and out-of-the-way places until this one. The bedding was fine, seemed very clean but the general state of cleanliness in the room was very poor. I can handle most oversights but the lack of cleanliness in this bathroom was more than I could take. The tub was stained beyond belief, and filthy and left with hair(pubic and men's shaved hair) in the tub, outside the tub and on the sink. Sorry but I draw the line there. Grout dirty in bathroom, mirror black on bottom... just so worn looking and unlike any Hilton I have experienced. Also when I called down to talk to manager on duty was astounded to be told that there was not one there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. Very clean and well maintained. Staff was very friendly and helpful and always had a smile on. Breakfast was simple, yet well stocked and the staff was constantly keeping the area clean. It is not a high class hotel but if you want a good night sleep at a decent price then this is the place to stay. The only thing that would have made it better would be to have a pool on site for the kids.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
henderson, Nv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We dont normally stay at Hampton Inns but had heard they were quite nice for non-luxury stays. If you like soft but not firm, the bedding was nice and washing all of the bedding instead of just the sheets is a nice touch.

Food was ok and the room was quiet despite being packed with Antique Car Show folks and their cars.

The bathroom was horrible. It seemed like it was done over 25 years ago, and not maintained. Tile and grout was dirty and shower tub was stained. The sink and cabinets were poor quality and with extremely small area and no place to store toiletries. The cabinet below the sink was made of CARDBOARD.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Watkins Glen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

First - let me tell you - you have to be driving slowly and really looking or you will miss the hotel - their sign is actually obscured by another sign in front of it - would suggest that if possible the sign be raised higher.

Once we made it there (had to turn around) - the hotel staff were phenominal. Very pleasant, greated us, got us to our room with speed and efficiency.

Room was beautiful, clean and comfy. No complaints at all.

Breakfast was tasty and included. Again - staff were excellent.

We merely spent 1 night here as we were attending a concert in Syracuse. Would most definitely stay again. Excellent accomodations, staff and service - and now I know how to find you!
Thank you for another lovely Hampton Inn stay!

Room Tip: We really did not choose - we had a king and it was great
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Syracuse - Carrier Circle I-90 for three nights while on vacation. Our stay was pleasant with no problems. This Hampton Inn is different structurally than the average Hampton Inn. The lobby and breakfast area are very small. There is no 'sitting' area or pool. The elevators are in the center of the 1st floor.

Because of the small breakfast area, it was crowded during most of the time breakfast was served with people waiting for a empty table. The only other drawback was that there was no butter or regular yogurt. The only yogurt available had artificial sweeteners added.

On the plus side, each room had a small bin for recyclables as did the breakfast area.

We would stay here again when visiting the Syracuse area. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Let me begin by saying the location of this hotel is excellent. We were coming from NH and wanted to stay overnight in the Syracuse area,. We were to pick up a new puppy the next morning in the Lake Geneva area. Not having to go into the city to find a decent play to stay was a relief. The location couldn't have been better.

We had no reservations and got a room for about $130 or so, including taxes. The rate was better than what we found at Expedia or other travel websites. Check-in was fast and friendly. The room was spotless and in great condition. The mattresses were pillow-top style and extremely comfortable. The room was ice cold even though it was 90+ degrees out, just the way we like it for sleeping. The A/C was working like a charm.

The bathroom was decent, well designed and well lit, and shower had plenty of hot water with very good water pressure. The room was practically soundproof and we had a quiet night's sleep.They had a small breakfast area where they had eggs, waffles, cereals, danish,fruit, muffins , juices and 4 flavors of coffee, all free of charge.

I can't say enough about this place. We have stayed in some terrible hotels lately. This was a pleasant surprise. To management and staff, I say GREAT JOB! You have an outstanding establishment and this will be my first choice if ever we are in the area again. Your attention to detail is very much noticed and appreciated.

BRAVO

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites East Syracuse? Share your experiences!