“Run down” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Ottawa
“Run down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Two couples who travel every year to Syracuse will not be returning to this Best Western the hotel is tired and needs serious upgrading. The rooms had new rugs, but the updating was like an old motel got a paint job.
The free breakfast was not to write home about.
Most of the rooms faced the pool and it was very noisy with lots of screaming kids.
Interesting the night we checked in most of the people were Military.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. As we are when any guest leaves unsatisfied, we are truly disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations. I would like to extend my apologies for what turned out to be a poor stay. We hope you will consider returning in the future, as we will do our very best to make sure your next visit is better than the last.

jczarniewicz@syrhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I will not recommend this hotel to any of my friends. the rust and mold in the bathroom was terrible. We went away for 2 nights to shop and enjoy restaurants. It is too bad I can not attach photos of my comments. BW is a great chain but they have a problem with this one.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your review. Providing feedback is an important tool in providing quality and excellent customer service to each and every one of our guests. I am sorry that you did not have a good experience while staying with us and if there is anything I can do for you, please contact me anytime. I look forward to hearing from you.

new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very dirty rooms. carpets stained. foreign substance on headboard. fight in the hallway at 1 a.m. that hotel staff did nothing about and lasted 45 minutes while our children had to listen to swearing, crying, slams into the wall. very dissatisfied with this hotel..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community! Your feedback is extremely valuable and I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your recent visit. Please feel free to contact me at (315)-399-5231 or jczarniewicz@syrhotel.com when your time permits. I look forward to speaking with you.

Endicott, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Best Western has very firendly staff, but needs major updates to meet the quality of neighboring hotels right next door. I've always found a room there, but they're not in good quality. Water puddle on the floor soaking up under carpet, broken curtains, no outlets, terrible fitness room, loud drunk noisy occupants on same floor as business guests. Just gets by, needs much improvement.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent visit. We truly appreciate you bringing your stay to our attention so that we may create a better experience for all of our guests. Thank you again for your time. We look forward to seeing you again.

Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel isn't quite what it leads to be through the photos onsite - there is also a reason there are no photos of the bathrooms of any of the hotel rooms. My rating is based on my family's 1 night stay at the hotel (a family of 3 with an 8 month old baby) and the room we stayed in on the first floor, 167.

Pros:
breakfast is decent. They serve hot & cold breakfast (scrambled egg, sausages, french toast, bagels, muffins, fruits and yogurts) also hot chocolate, juices, coffee and tea.
Nice staff - very accommodating
fairly decent parking
free wifi

Cons:
The bathroom is so dated - our washroom ceiling had signs of numerous patching and repairs. We found a spider in our bathroom.
blood stains were found on the reverse side of the mattress cover (the fancy topping they put on the bed).
parking lot should have been salted - it was very scary trying to walk to and from our car with the baby and making sure we did not slip.
the heating system in our room was so noisy when we turned on the heat - it definitely was not a good night's rest on top of a restless baby when the heater is so loud.

We hadn't bothered asking to be moved to another room as we checked in the evening and having been driving all day with a tired and hungry baby, by the time we had settled in and discovered the loud heater we did not want to exhaust ourselves again to pack up and relocate - especially since at that time the trolley could not be found so we had to make numerous trips to the car to get our bags.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. It is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and I'm truly sorry you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.
I hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Kanata, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let me start off by saying that when we travel we frequently stay at a Best Western as they are usually great. NOT THIS TIME!

November 27, 2014 my 17 year old daughter and I drove from Kanata (Ottawa), ON to East Syracuse to do some Black Friday shopping for Christmas. We were excited about this trip as it is the first time she has been with me Black Friday shopping and the first time I have been in about 9 years.

We arrived at the Best Western Plus Carrier Circle on Old Collamer in East Syracuse about 3:30pm on Thursday November 27 and was greeted by a less than clean main entrance with cigarette butts everywhere. When we entered the hotel it stunk. I don't know what the smell was but it was BAD. We were greeted by a clerk who was less than impressed to be working but I cannot blame her since it was Thanksgiving. Room 227 was ours. We found our room and went in. First impression was that it looked NOTHING like the pictures on Hotels.com where I had booked it. The carpets were stained and it looked dated. Washroom was dirty. Toilet didn't look like it had been cleaned in a week and neither did the tub. YUCKY.

Before we did anything else I insisted on a bed check as I usually do. Bed was fine from what I saw - no bugs on it. My daughter, who is farrrr too cool to share a bed with her mother had a pull out sofa for a bed. We opened it up and I noticed a black speck on the sheet. "Hmmm" I thought so I grabbed the sheet and pulled and BUGS! I don't know if they were roaches or bedbugs, smaller than roaches but I thought too large to be bedbugs. We grabbed our stuff and left. Told the clerk who was a tad grossed out but she gave us another room. Skeptical I took the key and we went through the maze that is this hotels layout to the 400 area rooms. I instructed my daughter to wait in the hall with our bags while I opened the door to the next room and wait...what??? Ceiling looks like it may collapse, peeling paint, big stains on carpets, Checked the bed...STAINS! Big and gross. I didn't open the sofa bed for fear of what I would find.

Back to the desk. The clerk, at this point, was so very apologetic and even offered me a third room. I declined because if the first 2 were that bad I couldn't imagine the third would be much better. She said she would release the pre-authorization on my credit card for the room and away we went. No data on my cell in the US so had to drive into Syracuse to find wifi at something open on Thanksgiving. We were exhausted and had just wasted 2 hours dealing with it and driving.

Back to hotels.com where we found a room that turned out to be 50% off at the Hilton Garden Inn on Fair Lakes Rd. Checked in and best hotel stay EVER. Clean, friendly, no bugs, smelled awesome.

I left the manager a note at the Best Western Plus Carrier Circle and will be emailing head office and posting this review everywhere. Nobody should be staying there. Hotel needs a major upgrade or torn down and rebuilt. And for the love of God...get rid of the bugs and clean the hotel. Never again, Best Western, NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Try the Hilton Garden Inn on Fair Lakes Road in East Syracuse. More expensive but...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of the Best Western Plus Carrier Circle Team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your recent experience with us. I would be happy to discuss in more detail any of the concerns that were expressed in your review as this feedback is critical to our success. I did receive the note you left and have made several attempts to reach out to you with no luck. Please let me give you my email and phone number in the hopes that we can connect. I look forward to hearing from you.

(315)399-2723
Syracuse, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in for work I work for the railroad and am constantly on the road so it is nice to have a hotel to make you feel as close to home as possible. The staff makes you feel at home and any problems that arise are taken care of very quickly and efficently.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your great review! Our staff really enjoys when our guests write in and compliment their hard work. All of our associates go above and beyond to make you feel at home. In fact, the best compliment we can get is a 5 star review and that you always recommend our hotel.
Thank you again.

jczarniewicz@syrhotel.com

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse? Share your experiences!