Average Best Western Plus. Dinged one star just for internet, a necessity now days. Stayed in room 270.
Pluses: Clean room, our most important item. Quiet, even though room overlooked indoor pool. Excellent hot and cold breakfast buffet. Great staff. Generally good maintenance in a large property except for the items noted below. Room nicely appointed.
Negatives: #1 complaint, POOR internet bandwidth. This is a large property and they only have one internet signal. We showed an excellent connection signal strength on three different computers, HOWEVER, bandwidth was totally inadequate! Speed was worse than dial-up. Email, checking WX, news, etc. were impossible. Load a page and wait, and wait, and wait. We gave up!! Same result both evening and morning. We were forced to provide our own internet access by tethering from our cell phone.
Other Negatives - Minor: Bath vanity cracked clear through. Shower surround was fully cracked around the water control and probably is allowing water and mold into the wall behind the crack. Smaller room. A bit dark, needs better light. Refrigerator had a huge chunk of ice in the back of the refrigerator section. Hadn't been checked in a long time.
Would stay here again, IF they fixed the internet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute to Carrier Corporation, Magna, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Columbia College, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Syracuse University are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions, is also nearby.Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Green Lakes State Park offers scenic lakes with golfing, swimming and snowshoeing or you can enjoy boating at Onondaga Lake Park. Just 27 miles away, guests of this BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse hotel can easily enjoy skiing at Song Mountain Resort. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from Alliance Bank Stadium and Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds.Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool and relaxing hot tub at this Syracuse hotel. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, a cocktail lounge, an onsite restaurant, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and a coffee shop.Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as cable or satellite television with in-room movies, free Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn