“Family-Friendly Hotel - Don't look too closely !” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in East Syracuse
New York City, New York
“Family-Friendly Hotel - Don't look too closely !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed two weekend nights for a wedding with kids and family dog. We had two Double Queen bed rooms. This hotel is an older property in an almost desolate area of Syracuse near former Carrier Air Conditioning plant.

Cheer competition in Syracuse that weekend and many teams staying here. Hotel was packed with families.

We had two 2nd floor Rooms - they appeared clean upon arrival. Beds were comfortable with a serviceable supply of pillows. Rooms' decor is typical of older motor lodges with spartan furnishings. The rooms had refrigerators, they were clean and cold. The TV's worked nicely and allowed us to easily hook up our Wii console.

Heat/Air Conditioning/Ventilation fan did not work in either room. One room in 80's the other in the 60's. We asked at front desk, maintenance worker arrived while we were gone and left message heat turned off in warm room. In reality, nothing changed.

Wi-Fi didn't work in either room, signal so poor we could not get devices connected. We asked at Front Desk, told there was a problem, but nothing could be done until Monday morning.

Asked at Front Desk for more Bath towels on the second day, were told there were none available until late afternoon, but some could be delivered. As promised, towels were delivered around 5:00 PM that day.

The last night, our dog made his first trip into the kids room. He started sniffing around behind the night stand and wouldn't come out. We found out why - empty vending machine snack wrappers, moldy pizza crusts and an a inch of dust and dirt. Disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did use the pool and hot tub, water was clean. The pool area was large, clean, open space located in a newer/renovated part of the building. Definitely an asset. We found pool towels, but MANY other guests complained they had were no towels.

We had the free breakfast twice - Juice, fresh fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, breads and bagels, sweet rolls and muffins. It was the same both days, fresh each day, well prepared and what you should expect for a complimentary breakfast. The restaurant area was always clean and the staff very courteous.

Room Tip: Pool area is busy and noisy. Many rooms overlook pool area, so if you are looking for quiet, ask fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our housekeeping department and I thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can correct the situation.
We hope that you give us another opportunity to provide the experience you deserve the next time you are in the area.

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was there this past weekend and room was decent and people were friendly. There was no towel in the swimming area and I was told there will be some up in my room when I return to my room for me and my kids.
The pool is not deep and was cold for an indoor pool but we had no towels after leaving ours there for 6 hours and called 3 times from our room finally getting only 2 when asked for 4. For myself and family. Saturday we left for the pools and the life guard had asked for us 3 times to bring towels downstairs for people in the pool and once again had to stay in the pool for 1 1/2 hours before towels arrived.
Plus towels were in really ruff shape....

Front desk was friendly but everything else I thought need work. Definitely don't recommend spending your weekend here.

Mattress was also to soft where my head was a lot lower than my feet.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with an exceptional stay. The little details definitely do make a trip and I regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides me with important information for us to work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Rooms were nice but small, and room service was average. They did not refill the toilet paper & forgot face cloths. The complimentary breakfast was average. The only hot items were eggs & sausage. No bacon, no potatoes, etc... and wehn it got crowded on the weekend, there was no place to sit, had to wait a long time to get juice. One on the employee, who brought the toilet paper to us one night, was not too friendly. Would not even open the door for us when we were just behind her. But many did have a smile and said hello every morning. Kids enjoyed the pool. Always had to wait though for towels... For the price 88$/night, it was acceptable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business and I do apologize about the issues with the amenities and wait time during breakfast . I appreciate you letting us know and we do hope you will come back again. Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus Carrier Circle.
Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel has very attentive staff - they make sure on wake up call, arrange shuttle trip to a car rental, explain you where what is located in the hotel. The bed is good and so is water pressure; they might forget to provide you with shampoo however, which is nice Pantene Pro V shampoo. The hotel has an indoor pool - good for winter time. The only thing, I did not like was breakfast. It had coffee, tea, pastries, sausage and eggs, lots of carb-food, but no berries, organic yogurt, or vegetables. I know it is complimentary, and I would not mind to pay a bit extra for more healthy style.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your honest feedback with others! It's feedback like yours that encourages guests to stay with us and allows us to be able to give our guests what they are looking for. We are currently in the process of changing up our breakfast buffet to include options for all dietary needs. Thank you for your business and I hope you can return in the future.
Upstate, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Nice, clean utilitarian hotel, at a good price. Our room was just about exactly the one pictured. Has a lounge and on site "grille." Free breakfast buffet, but we decided on IHop instead. Only problem was on check in, when my daughter in law and I were given a queen size bed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you had a nice stay while you were here. I would appreciate it if you could email me at your convenience to discuss your reservation. If it was a third party website reservation they will book the reservation into the first available room type to accommodate the number of persons in the room and a reservation with two people will often come to us in a queen. If it was booked through the hotel, I want to reiterate with my clerks the importance of asking the right questions to get you into the room type you need. I hope the front desk was able to get you into more comfortable accommodations.
My email address is jczarniewicz@tramzhotels.com.
Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse? Share your experiences!