“Older but Adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Older but Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Unfortunately our stay at this property was negatively impacted by a "Biker Night" sponsored by the hotel. Unruly guests and parking lot fights lead to an uneasy night. Our room had not been properly prepared by the housekeeping staff and for some reason even the vending machines were all unpluggged. On a positive note our room was a good size and the king bed was excelent. The hot breakfast buffet was OK but had limited access.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, as feedback from our guests is an essential part of improving our services. I would to sincerely apologize if any of the other guests made it an uncomfortable stay for you. We are dedicated to the safety and comfort of all of our guests and I am truly sorry that you had a less than pleasant experience.
I am delighted to hear that the king sized bed excellent and that you were able to enjoy our hot complimentary buffet!
We never want our guests to leave feeling that all of their expectations weren’t met and we hope you will someday allow us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Central Square, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Old, outdated, filthy. Vents all had 2 inches of dust in them, springs in sofa bed broken, old cigarette packs in mattress. No shampoo's, etc. bar and restaurant not even open until after 5. Breakfast......wow! Cold eggs, cold sausage, luke warm coffee. First time and last time here!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. While your feedback is very much appreciated, I truly regret that your experience at our hotel did not match the high standards of quality that we’ve set. I can assure you that your comments will be passed along to the appropriate departments to re-emphasize our commitment to exceptional quality and customer service. If we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, I will be more than happy to assist you with finding the perfect accommodations.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very friendly service and very nice and clean. When we arrived in our room we received a phone call a few minutes later- it was the front desk making sure everything was to our expectations- very nice and that was unexpected! Breakfast was nice for being free ( not just muffins and coffee) and the pool was nice and clean.
Great and inexpensive place to stay for a night away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about our facility and staff. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Syracuse!
South Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I travel and stay over 200 nights a year into Central New York. This was my first stay at the BW Plus at Carrier Circle. I originally booked one night. I had a few minor complaints with the room, but rather than voice them, I asked the front desk clerk the name of the hotel manager. She told me. I thanked her and left. An hour later I was in the business center printing a document and the property manager, Roger, approached me, introduced himself and asked if there was something he could do for me. I told him of my concerns.

He was sincerely interested in what I had to say, made no excuses for the issues, and apologized immediately in a very genuine manner. He told me that he would really like the opportunity to make it up to me, and would I give them a 2nd chance. I told him I would be back in Syracuse later in the week. He assured me that he and the other manager Jennifer would make sure my future stays were much better.

I stayed 2 more days, and I was very pleased with the amount of Customer Care they gave! They exceeded my expectations!

The staff at this property truly care about Customer Service Excellence, and it's very clear to me that these 2 managers set a very high standard!

I look forward to staying at this BW Plus many more times in my frequent trips to Syracuse.

Room Tip: I don't like to give tips on helping others choose a good room. I know a LOT of people read thes...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
David,

Thank you so much for writing a review on Trip Advisor.
I am glad you were able to talk with Roger and that we were able to address your concerns. It is far too often that people will have concerns and not let us know. By letting us know, we are able to correct them and offer the best experience possible.
It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay. If I am not at the front desk, please ask for me!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was very happy with this King room suited us perfectly for another Black Friday weekend. Well priced no noise no smells parking almost outside our door and the room was cleannnnnnnnnnn ^5 to house keeping excellent work. The buffet breakfast was a real added value to an all ready well priced room and will put this hotel on a definite go back to again list. Front desk staff fast courteous and well mannered I dont have any complaints at all :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and found our rooms suitable to your needs and staff friendly! We hope to see you again soon so you can take advantage of our great location once again.
Bronxville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel during Christmastime and enjoyed our stay. The room was spotless and the staff was very friendly, professional, and attentive. The channels on the TV (at least in our room) seem to have changed and are no longer consistent with the local cable channels and Syracuse network affiliates. If this cannot be changed to the previous order, perhaps a channel guide on Ch. 2 could help people navigate.

Also, I miss having the option to order off a menu for breakfast. I used to enjoy the omeletts that were available.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I especially like the rooms on the 500 level (second floor) which have easy access to the back parki...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am so pleased to hear your wonderful comments about our staff and service! It is important for me to hear first hand, from the guest, how we have affected your stay. As your home away from home, it is very important for us to make you feel comfortable and I am delighted to see we achieved that.
We did change over to Time Warner Hi-Def and the channels did change. We are in the process of updating our hotel channel guide, so the next time you stay with us this will be corrected.
Again, thank you for writing this wonderful review. I will share this with the whole team and we look forward to your next stay.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse? Share your experiences!