I had stayed at the old Holiday Inn 2 years ago - saw that BW had purchased the hotel & theoretically did an update into a Best Western Plus. The old Holiday Inn was old & worn but the location was convenient - and the pool was nice.
I selected the BW Plus based on experience with BW Plus in Europe... I was VERY disappointed. This is a traditional BW standard hotel in the US. The rooms are a good size, the bed is excellent, there is a flat screen TV and there is an indoor pool -but other than that - this is the old 2 star HI. The A/C Heat unit was dirty, smelled, and did not heat. Other than cleaning the bathroom, there was no update - still the same tile, same drop ceiling (maybe they replaced a couple of tiles)... One of the phones in the room did not work, the wallpaper is peeling, the carpet is stained, the breakfast buffet is marginal...
The one bright spot was that the hotel employees were very helpful. Greeted me enthusiastically, providing directions, and were overall very cheerful.
Overall - if this is a one night stay - and you get a good deal - great - otherwise, try the DoubleTree or the Embassy Suites...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute to Carrier Corporation, Magna, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Columbia College, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Syracuse University are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions, is also nearby.Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Green Lakes State Park offers scenic lakes with golfing, swimming and snowshoeing or you can enjoy boating at Onondaga Lake Park. Just 27 miles away, guests of this BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse hotel can easily enjoy skiing at Song Mountain Resort. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from Alliance Bank Stadium and Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds.Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool and relaxing hot tub at this Syracuse hotel. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, a cocktail lounge, an onsite restaurant, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and a coffee shop.Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as cable or satellite television with in-room movies, free Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn