“Friendly hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Friendly hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is in a good location but a little way out of Syracuse city. There are not many hotels downtown but there are several hotels close by the Best Western. Hotel is a high standard and staff are very friendly and efficient, I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I want to personally thank you for your recommendation and your comments regarding the staff and property. I am glad you had the opportunity to share this with everyone and I hope to see you if you ever travel to the area again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Belleville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night in mid Sept, our sat nav had a bit of trouble finding it and we called the woman on the front desk was great and we were there in minutes. She was very friendly and helpful. The main area is quite nice, as the hot tub was also very relaxing. The room needs a bit of revamping, the exhaust fan in bathroom didn't work, which didn't bother us.

Our room looked out onto the hottub and pool area, so no real daylight, and had to keep curtains closed the whole time.
The breakfast was quite nice and better then a continental breakfast.

It was clean and good for the night

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near pool area as no daylight
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and able to guide you to our hotel so quickly. Your warm input has been passed along to our team and has been truly appreciated.
We hope to welcome you again!
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We made a reservation as we were traveling with our small dog. The staff was most accommodating; even had a treat bag for our pup. Clean and spacious room, better than average breakfast and restaurant and bar in the hotel. The tv was difficult to operate, but would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay and were able to bring your furry companion. We know how special they are to you and we treat them like any other guest!
Please stop in and see us again next time you're in Syracuse!
Newton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've stayed here for two nights at the start and end of August for the past three years as midpoint in a long annual trip. We chose it because it is pet-friendly and seemed like an adequate hotel close to the highway.

They changed ownership last year and now the rooms have been revamped and upgraded.

When I made my reservation, I asked for a cot and said we have a dog. When I checked in, they gave me a bag with dog treats along with pet instructions for the hotel. In the room, the cot was there and ready for us.

The room includes a decent breakfast.

I wouldn't come here as a destination, but it was a good clean stop close to the highway and we will probably continue to return each year.

Room Tip: There seems to be a smoking wing, so unless you are a smoker, make sure your room is far from it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Peuclid,

I am thrilled to hear that you have made us a regular stop over for the past three years! We are very close to I-90 and conveniently situated off of Carrier Circle which does make us a popular destination for many travelers.
Our hotel is still family owned by the same caring family as in the past, but we did change our hotel brand last year after renovating to the Best Western Plus, and in addition, we have recently changed our smoking policy and our rooms are now 100% smoke free.
I wish you safe travels and hope we get to see you again next year, if not sooner!
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotel is a little dated but was clean. I will amend that as the room was clean on entering and while we were there but when I picked up my dogs travel case the last morning I discovered ants under it in droves. I mentioned this at the front desk on checkout and the girl was very nice and said she would tell housekeeping about it---they also took $30 off the bill. The bed was comfortable and it was nice having a fridge in the room. I did find the hotel noisy especially since we had a room overlooking the pool area--the next time I will request a room away from the pool. I had tried to change rooms on arrival and the front desk tried but being a long weekend they were unable to do anything. Having a restaurant on the premises was nice as travelling with a dog we were able to pick up some food at night and have it in the room. This was a nice plus--not having to go out and pick up something after a busy day shopping. The breakfast was good for a hotel breakfast---eggs, sausages and egg toast along with the usual breads etc. I would stay here again as overall I was quite happy with the hotel and the staff seemed very friendly and the location was good--you did have to drive to get to anything but that is quite common with a lot of hotels. Being pet friendly was a big asset and there was a lot of grassy areas to walk the dog. One big plus was the shower head---it was great---one of the best in any hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a room not overlooking the pool as this made it quite noisy when the pool...
Dear Happy Wanderer9,

I would like to thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. It really means a lot to us when our guests take the time to write and let other readers know about their stay and it also lets us know how good we are doing and where we need to improve.
We hope to see you in the future, I would be more than happy to assist you with reservations and make sure you have a quiet, comfortable stay!
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The stay in this hotel was just okay, as there seemed to be a banging noise behind the wall against the thermostat which made it more difficult to sleep. The room itself was okay, but is in need of a freshening up. However, the complimentary breakfast was very good and the pool was nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay in Syracuse. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will try us again when you are in the area.
Alfred, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the first time this year. We have been regular attenders of the NYS Fair as my children are in the 4-H dog program, and compete at the fair with their dogs (in obedience, grooming and handling, agility, etc.) The hotel we stayed at last year was very nice, but between their room rate and what they charged for the dog nightly, the bill was well over $300.00 for two nights. With my daughter now in college and our budget a bit tighter, I was looking for something a little less expensive, but just as nice. Well, we found it at this hotel! You can tell that the hotel is not new (although my 13 year old son thought it was,) but it was very clean, both in the public areas, as well as our room. Staff was very friendly. We were on the first floor, near a door, making it very easy to get our dog in and out. Linens were immaculately clean- could not tell they had ever been used before! Air conditioning was nicely adjustable, and having a refrigerator in the room was great as we were able to take our own cold drinks to the fair, rather than buying them all there, to save more money. Restaurants and grocery stores are within an easy drive from the hotel. The "business center" has four computers to use for mapquest directions, and has a printer for taking the directions with you. I was a little concerned when I noted two tour buses the one day. We had to be at the fairgrounds and ready for competition by 9:00 the next day, and I envisioned long lines of people at the breakfast buffet, and nowhere to sit. Well, that never occurred. The staff had breakfast ready to serve before 6:30, and everything flowed smoothly. The only negative experience was that our television did not work. We do not have television at home, and so my son was hoping to watch it at the hotel. I mentioned it to the staff at the front desk, and they said that they would send someone down to take care of it. Well, is never did work before we left, which was not a big problem for us (we were busy with our dog and fair preparations,) but might be a big issue for someone else who is a bit more fussy than we are. I was looking for clean, comfortable, pet- and people-friendly accommodations at a fair price, and that was what I got ! ! ! I saved about $80 compared to what I paid last year, so, we will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer C, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank You for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review on Trip Advisor.
I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us this year and letting everyone know about your stay.
I do want to apologize about your TV and I thank you for letting me know about this.
When you come back please mention this review. I would like to make it up to your son!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse? Share your experiences!