We stayed at this hotel for the first time this year. We have been regular attenders of the NYS Fair as my children are in the 4-H dog program, and compete at the fair with their dogs (in obedience, grooming and handling, agility, etc.) The hotel we stayed at last year was very nice, but between their room rate and what they charged for the dog nightly, the bill was well over $300.00 for two nights. With my daughter now in college and our budget a bit tighter, I was looking for something a little less expensive, but just as nice. Well, we found it at this hotel! You can tell that the hotel is not new (although my 13 year old son thought it was,) but it was very clean, both in the public areas, as well as our room. Staff was very friendly. We were on the first floor, near a door, making it very easy to get our dog in and out. Linens were immaculately clean- could not tell they had ever been used before! Air conditioning was nicely adjustable, and having a refrigerator in the room was great as we were able to take our own cold drinks to the fair, rather than buying them all there, to save more money. Restaurants and grocery stores are within an easy drive from the hotel. The "business center" has four computers to use for mapquest directions, and has a printer for taking the directions with you. I was a little concerned when I noted two tour buses the one day. We had to be at the fairgrounds and ready for competition by 9:00 the next day, and I envisioned long lines of people at the breakfast buffet, and nowhere to sit. Well, that never occurred. The staff had breakfast ready to serve before 6:30, and everything flowed smoothly. The only negative experience was that our television did not work. We do not have television at home, and so my son was hoping to watch it at the hotel. I mentioned it to the staff at the front desk, and they said that they would send someone down to take care of it. Well, is never did work before we left, which was not a big problem for us (we were busy with our dog and fair preparations,) but might be a big issue for someone else who is a bit more fussy than we are. I was looking for clean, comfortable, pet- and people-friendly accommodations at a fair price, and that was what I got ! ! ! I saved about $80 compared to what I paid last year, so, we will definitely be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute to Carrier Corporation, Magna, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Columbia College, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Syracuse University are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions, is also nearby.Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Green Lakes State Park offers scenic lakes with golfing, swimming and snowshoeing or you can enjoy boating at Onondaga Lake Park. Just 27 miles away, guests of this BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse hotel can easily enjoy skiing at Song Mountain Resort. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from Alliance Bank Stadium and Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds.Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool and relaxing hot tub at this Syracuse hotel. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, a cocktail lounge, an onsite restaurant, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and a coffee shop.Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as cable or satellite television with in-room movies, free Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Best Western, EasyToBook, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn