We stayed at this hotel from Augsut 12/14, 2011. We were told when we checked in that it had just changed the name to Best Western PLUS. (?). (not sure where the PLUS comes in).
We had requested a king bed with queen size sofa. - which we got. Within 15 minutes of checking in we called the front desk 3 times.
1. For an extension cord (the bedside light couldn't reach the plug in whic was behind the bed.
2. A hotel service book. When maintenance came to deliver the book they took one from another room on the floor. One room they tried was the room next to us, They entered the room which was occupied. Their records had indicated that it was empty.
3. To have the queen size hide a bed made up.
1. Hot tub - closed for maintenance
2. Exercise equipment - did not work.
3. Pool was very dirty. Coins on the bottom of the pool. Hair-balls and cotton floating in the water.
2:00AM wake up call via Fire Alarm.
Oh yes, this stay only gets better. The fire alarm went off at 1:50AM. It took 20 minutes for the fire department to get here. 1 fire man said this happens ALL the time.
Compensation for this mid night awaking was free breakfast....REALLY??? This was the best they could do!!!
We were also told that they had spent $2.0M refurbishing this hotel for the name change. One guest told me they had changed the matteresses. They apparently forgot to change the hide-a-bed's because there was a spring that dug into our backs.
General hotel condition. Tired, dirty (carpets). Staff not overly friendly. No breakfast room service (room service only from 5-7).
Would I come back - not!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute to Carrier Corporation, Magna, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Columbia College, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Syracuse University are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions, is also nearby.Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Green Lakes State Park offers scenic lakes with golfing, swimming and snowshoeing or you can enjoy boating at Onondaga Lake Park. Just 27 miles away, guests of this BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse hotel can easily enjoy skiing at Song Mountain Resort. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from Alliance Bank Stadium and Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds.Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool and relaxing hot tub at this Syracuse hotel. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, a cocktail lounge, an onsite restaurant, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and a coffee shop.Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as cable or satellite television with in-room movies, free Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Carrier Circle Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn