“Would Stay Here Again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Albany, New York
“Would Stay Here Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My short one night stay on business was a positive one. The room was average, comfortable and typical for a Residence Inn property, but not a wow as it had some evident wear and tear. The staffs here are absolutely the best. Always ready and eager to offer assistance they made my stay quite pleasurable. The evening social hour is held in a small room off the lobby. The food service counter area is small and not the best design as it can get very congested fast due to the compact design that only allows around three patrons at any given time. There was beer and soft drinks offered as beverages; however no wine which I found very strange as most every Residence Inn’s offer a wine selection with the evening social hour. The breakfast was also very good and as with the evening social hour the attendant girls were friendly, and very competent in keeping the food selection constantly fresh and replenished. Certainly a top choice for a stay should I be back in the area again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Charleston, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Syracuse while visiting my daughter who is a student at SU. The room was spacious and had a kitchenette, sleeper sofa, and separate shower area. The staff was very helpful in giving me directions to and from the University. The directions I had printed off from mapquest were terrible. It is about a 10-15 minute easy drive to SU. The exercise equipment in the fitness room was in good condition and had built in TV's. The full breakfast was awesome and served at convenient times. There was also coffee and hot tea available any time. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arrived shortly after noon to begin a weekend stay. Even though check-in is listed as 3PM the desk clerk went out of her way to find a room that was ready for us to occupy and she was successful. Having stayed here in the past, I noticed a new layout and furniture in the lobby. The clerk informed us the property had a major renovation the past year.
When we arrived at our room we saw that the rooms were redesigned and newly furnished--we like the changes.
We spent the daytime at the pool on Friday and Saturday. We enjoyed the cleanliness and attention to detail. The free breakfast could prove tiring after a few days as the choices are limited, but for just two days it was fine.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. The weekend rates were $189/per night for a total of $427 for the two nights including taxes.
We know of a number of nice restaurants in the area, so we enjoyed our evenings.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at this Residence Inn for 3 weeks while taking a class at Syracuse for work, what a great experience! The rooms were nice, I liked the layout without outside entrances to the rooms, made it much quieter and feel more like an apartment than hotel room! The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good, and the evening meals were good, but the best part of the stay was the staff! All of the staff was amazing, Kathy, Emily, Jordan, George, Devon, Matt, Johnny, Mimi( I know I am missing a few too)..they were all so awesome and would go out of thier way to help you and make sure that your stay was as pleasant as possible. If I am ever in the area I would stay there again, and I will definitely suggest it to other travelers! Thank you again Residence Inn for making it like a home away from home!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Residence Inn in East Syracuse for the first time this past weekend, and I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean and well-maintained, and our room was large and very nicely outfitted, with an oh-so comfortable bed and great kitchen area. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was a pleasant surprise, with a good range of both hot and cold food choices - vastly superior to most hotel breakfasts we have experienced.

The staff at this hotel are just fantastic. From the excellent, friendly, professional front desk clerk who checked us in and walked me out to the courtyard to show us in which building our room was located, to the welcoming person supervising the buffet area in the morning, to the amazing employee who followed us out to the parking lot to return my mother`s purse to her after she left it in the breakfast area, we would like to say a huge thank you. We will definitely be back to the Residence Inn for our next stay in the Syracuse area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
liverpool, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in East Syracuse on more than one occasion. Each time has been a great experience. It is classy and clean. The staff is always eager to help. The breakfast has a wide arrangement of options and is always fresh and hot. If you are feeling a little bored but don't want to go out, the hotel has events that go on in the main gathering (lobby) area. The schedule of events is on the fridge. I met the hotel manager on my second day there. Yes, I actually saw the manager (his name is Matt). I wanted to know of a good place to go out and eat. He was very professional and knowledgeable of the area. I look forward to staying again at the Residence Inn. I recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Nicely refurbished. Feels like a small apartment building. All entrances are outdoors and there are no elevators. Nice hotel, kind of pricey though for a residence inn.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. You bring up a good point for our guests to be aware of as it pertains to not having an elevator. Many of our guests enjoy the separate buildings and entrances as it tends to be quieter than your typical hotel. As you mentioned, it has a feeling of more of an apartment than hotel. We give our guests the option if they prefer a lower floor or upstairs room. If you prefer to be upstairs, we have someone here who is more than willing to help you bring your luggage up the stairs. Typically this is not an issue for most guests. I'm sorry that our prices seemed a little high. Hopefully you did feel that it was a good value considering the hot buffet breakfast, wifi and level of service we provide. I hope anyone reading this who has any concerns should not hesitate to reach out to me.

Best Regards,
Matt M.

Been to Residence Inn Syracuse Carrier Circle? Share your experiences!