“Modern Decor, Very Clean, Food Average” 3 of 5 stars

6301 State Route 298, East Syracuse, NY 13057
(315) 432-0200
Improve this listing
Watertown, New York
“Modern Decor, Very Clean, Food Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a romantic dinner for two in early April. Pictures of the Regatta Bar and Grille looked inviting and we had previously checked out their online menu so we went there. There were three areas to sit. The first was in the bar area, the second was an adjoining area with no barrier to the bar and the third a dining area that represented the pictures I had seen on the website. It was cozy, warm and away from the bar. It was also was a room that was elevated from the other two with three surrounding walls so that it cold be more remote. We were placed in the middle dining area that was very loud with all of the Flat Screens and hooting that goes on in a sports bar. I longed to go into the third room that was more intimate and better decorated (in my opinion) . I wish I had been more forward and asked.. The menu was very simple and disappointing. All I can think is that they must have more than one menu because this was nothing like what I saw online on their personal web page.. We ended up ordering steaks that were grilled to our liking however I am not sure they were previously marinated. We were invited to a salad bar that had some fresh salads and some wilted stuff. All in all I was very disappointed with the seating and food but i have to give it three stars because I believe that tidiness and cleanliness are important and they certainly had both..

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Edmonton, Canada
“Late night reunion with old friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Late night drinks with a party of 4. We all stayed at the DoubleTree, this was conveniently located inside the lobby so was therefore the logical choice for late night drinks. The server was attentive and provided excellent service. We stayed well past 2 am and she was there till the very last moment.

Visited March 2013
Albany, New York
“Great Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Without a car and limited access to the city, I decided to give this restaurant a try, considering it was housed within the hotel I was staying at. The service was great, with the bar tender being attentive and helpful in providing dinner service at the bar. The food, a pasta dish, was neither spectacular nor bad, and left me satisfied. One part of me wished I had been able to seek something else out in Syracuse, finding a menu that was a little more exciting and inventive, but at the end of the day, the food filled me up and I left happy and that counts for something.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Spectacular service and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We enjoyed this restaurant very much after a mediocre stay at the adjoining hotel. We had the breakfast buffet, which was very good and mostly house prepared. The omelette was exceptional, and fresh salsa surprisingly tasty. Our waitress was simply wonderful and accommodating to our two rambunctious boys.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Horrible Sunday Buffet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

When I called to make reservations, the hostest told me I might want to come earlier becaue they close down the buffet around noon. We arrived at 11. The food was COLD and many items on the buffet steam table were empty (and never replaced). the cook for the omellettes/waffles, etc. was not to be seen. Hedid show up after a 15 minute wait. This was a waste of $15.00 per person!!!!! This restaurant (inside the Doubletree hotel) used to have a fantastic Sunday brunch buffet. sorry to say that is no longer the case.

• Visited September 2012