“good choice...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Homer, New York
“good choice...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Called from Destiny Mall for reservations and arrived 20 minutes later and met by the hostess w/ and enthusiastic greeting and immediately sat at our table. Our waitress was very business-like and without a hello or greeting quickly asked if we would like a drink. The meals were all served promptly and w/out fan fair. We all enjoyed our meals during which we were give extra bread and our water glasses were constantly filled. The "full meal" option on the menu includes soup, salad, entree, dessert and coffee; a great deal. I will definitely return. Good value.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Endicott, New York
“Rico's Ristorante Don't waste your Time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Twelve of our family members went to Rico's for my nephew's graduation. We decided to find a place that was close to the college. We weren't greeted when we entered the restaurant as a matter of fact he couldn't find our name until he looked twice. We were seated and the waitress was somewhat friendly and trying to rush us into what we were going to order. It was very noisy and we couldn't hear each other speak. My sister had a hair in her salad and the sauce was so much that it looked like they took a cup and just dumped it on your food. I am happy to say we are not going back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“It ain't ALL that bad...is it?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Been to Rico's once before like 10 years ago - think high school prom night
We decided to throw a party there for dad's bday; had about 30+ people. They were very accommodating except don't have high expectations for the owner Steve as he is not friendly at all.

The menu was $19.95 per person and Steve said the 4 kids we had (all under 9) had to be charged adult pricing...that being said we started with garlic pizza, antipasto and calamari. I didn't get to try the pizza because even though most people only took one to two sliver slices, they ran out. The antipasto was AMAZING just like my Zia makes: chickpeas, tuna fish, lots of cheeses. Although it was a little oily for my taste, the flavor was there. The calamari was not crispy (surprise) but not terrible. My gripe is that they charged us for more when we ran out even though they didn't give us enough to begin with. I hardly think 4 plates of calamari is enough for 35 people.

Next they brought out pasta which was cooked al dente and was definitely homemade. The chicken was also delicious, a little spicy and falling off the bone (YUM-O!) The eggplant looked good and was tasty but again oily. I didn't see any pork brought out at all and the "veal" looked like ground beef. I was still hungry but I didn't want to ask for more food in fear of being charged again.

Now was time for dessert and coffee (included in our menu). My brother had purchased cake to be served at the restaurant and we sang happy birthday but the staff never brought out dessert nor did they approach us about dessert. I would have liked our guests to be offered dessert and if not boxed up for them to take. We asked if our pricing could be reduced to reflect dessert not being served and they said "No because we cut your cake but we could box a couple up for you". The "dessert" was a frozen eclair the size of a Vienna sausage...they put out about 10 clam shell boxes with these little ding-a-lings swinging about inside. I wonder if I would have went there with a date (and not a party) if they would have served me that dessert...

By that time the staff (who was very friendly) had gotten annoyed that we had asked for dessert and that we hadn't left yet. The party started at 7:00 it was now 9:30 but we weren't served until 7:30.

I can't comment on a regular night but as for booking a party I think that they're prices are reasonable, don't have extremely high expectations for the food as it is hit or miss and make sure to make your requests very clear beforehand.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse
“good italian, good portions great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been here about 3 times and I still cannot believe the amount of food you get and the price is great. The salad that comes with dinner is one of the best I have ever had, who puts tuna, meats and cheeses on a side salad. great place!!!!

Rochester, New York
“What a wonderfull meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently dined at Rico's and had a great experience as well as a delicious meal
My husband had the shrimp riggies, and I had the Chicken cacciatore
My daughter and her boyfriend both had the sausage riggies
All of our dinners included soup, antipasto, coffee and dessert
The food was excellent, our waitress Bonnie was great, and we look forward to going to Rico's again

• Visited January 2013