“Don't Stay Here!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Milton, NH
“Don't Stay Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were the road a week and stayed at a different place every night...this was by far the worst!
This place reeks of cigarette smoke from the moment you walk in the front door and are at the registration counter. There are non smoking signs everywhere in the hallways but it still smells of smoke. There were 8 of us traveling and we had two rooms,it appears the rooms have all been done over in the same manner and color scheme as another Motel 6 we stayed at but that other Motel 6 did not have the gross feel and smell to it as this one. In addition, I'm pretty sure there are homeless people living here. I understand the homeless need a place to stay and it's nice for the hotels to get some income from these situations, but when it affects your entire establishment, it's time to make some changes. Horrible experience, couldn't leave fast enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kettering, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

And I've stayed in many (just look at my other posts).

First, the check in clerk didn't say anything other than my room number while checking me in. I was clearly a disturbance to his watching TV.

Second, the room he gave me did not have a working toilet, but did have a toilet with toilet paper in the bowl.

Third, gave me a new room, that had just been renovated. The flooring wasn't installed right and had bumps in the fake wood flooring. The hallway is dark and ugly with bright orange door frames and dirty flooring.

Fourth, the parking lot is full of potholes. Too many to count.

Fifth, when leaving, the door double locked me out of my room because (according to a friendly desk clerk) the locks were installed poorly and they set the deadbolt when closed (even if no one is in the room). It took two trips to get a maintenance person to open the door so I could get my last piece of luggage and flee the building.

The hotel is still being renewed, but it is going to take a lot more than what they are doing to bring this place up to even the lowest Motel 6 standards. Only redemption, very very cheap.

Room Tip: For best room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Arrived early for check-in. Front desk did not know if my room was ready yet but that they would check. Wanted to at least drop off my suitcase before going to the dog show site to set up. General Manager told me if room was not ready he would find space for my suitcase. Front desk lady came back and informed me my room was just finished. Because I have two dogs and my wife has a breathing problem she offered to go to my room and open the patio doors to make it easier for us. Told the rooms were being renovated this year. Will stay here next time I am in Syracuse

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eastham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

While this is an older property, it looks like some areas have been recently renovated. The staff is friendly and welcoming, everything is clean, quiet and comfortable, and they even have free coffee in the morning. We have a small (12 lb) dog who travels with us, so applaud the Motel 6 pet policy. It's always nice to save a few bucks, the other pet-friendly motel in the area was more than twice the cost. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

as motel rooms go, this one was one of the best, we have stayed in a lot of motel rooms, and we thought this one was great, We stayed in one where the paint was peeling mold was all over the place, this room was really nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
François
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed in many Motel 6 (over 20 in the US and Canada) but i'd rather sleep under a bridge : i'll never go back o Motel 6 Syracuse. The room was smelly, the tub was dirty (full of hair), there was dust on the ceiling, the air condition is VERY noisy (I then tried to open it to check about the noise : what a mistake ! It had never been cleaned, dust every where, that made me wanna vomit). Ok we paid 56$ for the night, but it's not even worse 10$ !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Descent motel 6, room was clean, staff was friendly. They do need to start upgrading their rooms a bit, the tv is too small and doesn't rotate. Some newer motel 6s have flat screen, wall-mounted tvs. I travel with my dog so I've stayed at many motel 6s and for the price, it can't be beat. Just don't expect the Ritz and you'll be fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Syracuse? Share your experiences!