“Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6577 Baptist Way, East Syracuse, NY 13057   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012 via mobile

Service and staff were great.The rooms themselves are very very clean, like spotless clean. All in all a great value!

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Erie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed overnight twice. First on our way to Connecticut for the New Year and returning on our way back to Ontario, Canada.

We did not want to pay too much as all we would be doing is sleeping and moving on. This hotel hit all the requirements.

For only $40 we got a room though basic was very, very clean. The bedding may have seen better days but it was clean and tidy. The carpet did not make you want to curl up your toes, which was refreshing. The bathroom had been meticulously cleaned, and furbished with lovely white towels.

True there are no bells and whistles, but what do you expect at the price!!

In addition the staff were wonderful, lots of smiles and they made sure our requests for additional pillows and new batteries for the TV remote were provided promptly.

We have paid much more for hotel accommodation and been very disappointed, but not this time - we will definitely return on our next journey to that neck of the woods.

Well done!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

The greeting received from the young fellow behind the desk, who was on duty when we cheked out was most enthustiastic. He really made us feel welcome. The room while not all that fancy was clean and well worth the value for what was paid.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Kennebunk, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

THIS PLACE SHOULD BE CONDEMNED!
Trying to get home during Irene we stopped here.Dark and scarey but we had been to other motel 6 before and found clean basic rooms
It smelled as soon as you enter the place-like smoke and dirty people
The non smoking room was TOXIC with "air freshner",trying to get air we opened the window,no screen.
Almost vomitting we got out money back and couldn't leave fast enough!(the clerk wasn't surprised)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Grand Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for about 4 hours, in a mutli-destination vacaction. We spent the day at the State Fair (including concert), and where flying out of Syracuse to Orlando for a Disney vacation. We got this room, to try and get a few hours sleep prior to our early morning flight.

Given that our needs were very minimal, this was an economical choice, which served our needs. I actually had reservations at a nicer hotel, but did not want to pay too much for 4 hours, so we canceled that reservation and went here for less than half the price. All I can say is that I am pretty glad that all we were staying is for this brief period.

The rooms are as basic as can be, and the bed was really not that comfortable. The towels were pretty rough feeling as well. But this room played a minor role in our vacation plan, so we just laughed it off.

We did not get a chance to see the lobby either, as we checked in after 11pm, and they lock the doors. I had to check in througha "teller" window, which was a first, but all I was hoping to do was get in my room to get a few hours sleep and take a shower.

Hotel prices seem to be a little high in the Syracuse area (at least in the summer time), so if you are trying to keep a tight budget, and do not plan to really spend any time in your room, this may indeed fit your needs. If you are staying for multiple days though, you may want to bite the bullet, and pay the higher price for a better rated hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Kanata, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a cheap hotel to stop at overnight on our trip home. This hotel is a bargain, but be prepared to get what you pay for. The room looked like it had been robbed, it was missing so much furniture. While it was clean, it certainly didn't have any extras such as toiletries, tissues, and we had to pay for internet use. The bed and pillows were so hard I could barely move my neck the next day.
It's definitely not comfortable and I won't be coming back here.

Room Tip: You will be charged by the person - double occupancy is more than single occupancy.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

My family and I had stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks as we were looking for places to live. We needed a room with a refrigerator and so we were placed in a handicapped room. THis didn't look like a true handicapped room. The sink was too high for someone in a wheel chair. The hallways always reeked of cigarettes. We were in a non smoking room, but there are smoking rooms just down the hall and some of the smoking rooms are together with the non smoking rooms. The beds hadn't been replace in at least 10 plus years according to maintenance. I kept feeling springs in the mattress and it was hurting my back. The staff was great that is one plus.They did the best they could to accommodate our needs. Another bad thing is you have to check out after 28 days. We were forced out after 22 because the 1st of May came up, The other hotels in the area don't have this rule. Well graduation week was coming up and they wanted to have other guests check in. Thank God we were able to stay with friends. This Motel 6 charges for WIFI and it was weak anyhow because my Ipod couldn't get a signal. Some rooms have it while others don''t. I was told that this is the policy of all Motel 6. Which I know is not true as I have seen ones with free WIFI. This place is need of a major remodel and needs to have microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms. I was told that this place was going to be remodeled. Hopefully it is. Also don't place ashtrays in non smoking rooms because I could tell guests were smoking in the non smoking rooms. I was told this is also motel 6 policy. If you put ashtrays in rooms that are non smoking some people are going to smoke anyway. Even if you put the non smoking symbol on it. DUH! All the other hotels I have stayed in the non smoking rooms don't have ash trays in them. Wake up people at Motel 6. This one should leave the light OFF!! Don't go there unless it is remodeled.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Syracuse? Share your experiences!