“Do yourself a favor” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
GA
“Do yourself a favor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

I stayed at Motel 6 during the State Fair time, and I hated it. The room wasn't clean, in fact I called the 1-800- Motel 6 to complain. I am a smoker, however the tub and toilet not clean. The curtain wasn't functioning properly, I had to stand on a chair and place it upbove the window, in order to have privacy. During my recent stay, someone had marajuna and I am extremely allergic to it, the smell was thru out the vent. I called the front desk only to be told I can't leave my desk because it's after 11pm. I had to take a zyrtec, and benedryl in order to breath. Do your self a favor and do not stay at this Motel 6. Instead of saying we'll leave the light on for you, better off to leave it off. Your health may thank you for it.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cobourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

Good clean place to stay.Rooms clean and staff freindly.Great rates. Recommend advance booking as was full on our visit. Safe area with some resturants nearby. Easy access to highway.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
reviewhotelstays1
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

I spent one night in this hotel. The parking lot is dark, very dark, and I observed people in their cars, who did not look like guests in the lot. I got the feeling that this hotel ,dubles as a shelter or City agency temporary stay housing. I didnt get any sleep, someone in a non-smoking room was smoking marijuana ,until the manager asked them to stop.That wasnt before he knocked on my door to ask me about it. I still dont know why he would knock on my door, when it was obvious where the smell was coming from. The smell was on the entire wing of the second floor. I pulled back the covers on my bed, and found some kind of silver fish, or other milliped insect under the covers. I promptly climbed in the bed next to the insect bed, and found that the carpet had crumbs of food, in the corner. It looked like the carpet had not been vaccumed in a very long time. I used the toilet, and it over flowed. The maintence guy was prompt, but it was a little embarassing . As I lay in the bed, In oticed a hole in the wall, and the faint smell of cigarette smoke lingered from probably another room. I heard loud noises all night , and slept with the light on. The parking lot is too dark, and my vehicle was a concern being there overnight . After the insects , the smoke, the parking lot being too dark, and the noise, I would never go there again. I should have slept in my car or went to one of the other better quality hotels in the smae area. I do not recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

We stayed here on our way to New York City from Toronto. We should not have even got off the I-90! The parking lot was poorly lit, and I had some concerns about the security of my car in the lot. Got to our room only to find dirty carpets with unknown stains -- we didn't even take our shoes off until just before going to bed. The room had a bad odour that was not strong, just enough to be annoying -- smelled like fast food. The walls were also dirty with "splatter marks" of some sort, food perhaps?? Television had a cigarette burn that made a hole the size of a quarter! The hygene in the room below standard for sure. It left a poor impression of Motel 6. -- I like to stay with them when I am on the road, and I have stayed at many good Motel 6 locations. This was not one of them.

• Liked — How it looked in the rear-view mirror of my car
  • Disliked — The poor cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2006

I had doubts, as this was the first time starying at the Motel 6 Syracuse, or any motel 6 for that matter.

I did do some research and knew basically what to expect (note: there are no clocks in the rooms).

The staff was genuinely nice/friendly and at times, went out of their way for us. I don't believe we have ever encountered a nicer hotel/motel staff.

Very reasonably priced hotel for the budget minded. Very clean room, bathroom did have a mildew smell (when fan on). I do not have a complaint nor praise as far as the beds are concerned, although my husband did not find them very comfortable.

I did hear some people complaining about the dumbest (no bath mat, no shampoo in bathrooms) (note if you want these things you don't belong at the motel 6, go to the pricier hotels (and who doesn't bring their own shampoo?)

We stayed for 4 nights, originally supposed to stay for 5, but we were running of things to do and see. Very quiet at night. A+.

A definate must - eat at DOMINICK'S - it was fantastic.

• Liked — priced right, very friendly staff
  • Disliked — I would have to say the mildew smell in bathroom
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

I drive back and forth between Massachusetts and Ohio frequently, and whenever possible I stay at this motel. The first time, I had a little trouble finding it, because it's tucked in a corner of this area where many hotels are clustered. But now I would not stay anywhere else--the price is always the best here, it's convenient, and I have always found it clean and safe. No frills, but it's just what I need for a stopover on a long car trip. An excellent 24-hour grocery store is not far away, just ask for directions at the desk. The staff has always been very helpful and friendly to me.

Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2004

Stopped for an overnight stay while on Thruway. It was 3AM and just wanted to sleep a few hours and the price was less then $30.00. Nothing good or bad. It is just a no frills place. Hallways smelled of smoke.
One room had a wild party there, in which the police had to come.

Been to Motel 6 Syracuse? Share your experiences!