“young woman Amanda” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in East Syracuse
Austin, Texas
“young woman Amanda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The young lady named Amanda at the front desk was extremely polite and helpful. She was well mannered as well. She gave great suggestions and was beyond kind. Great gal. The rooms were very well equipped, and clean. I will definitely be back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
WOW,,,,, another heading with Amanda's name in it.... I whole heartedly agree with you, she is a very polite girl who shows her caring spirit towards the guests here at the hotel. She is very new and has made an immediate positive impact of the hotel. Thank you for your positive review. Amanda and the staff here,, hope to see you in the near future.

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ok to preface this review. I have stayed at this property twice before and absolutely loved the hotel and staff. Checked in on the 18th of August for a two night stay in a two bedroom suite. (130). Like I said we have been here before and were not worried. We checked into room 130 and we were shocked. I have stayed in flea bag motels in Niagara falls that were better than this. We had been advised on reserving and check in that the motel was full so we didnt complain that night. We put up with the following for the first night

- Table had only three legs. The fourth leg was in the closet.
- Place was horribly dirty. Stains on the couch and couch pillows. Dirt and food on carpet. Room was musty and smelly. Bathrooms had cob webs and spiders on the toilets. Floors in bathroom were horrible.
- Couch was so dirty we couldnt sit on it. There were all sorts of foreign matter on the couch. Dont even ask what was under the cushions. If you touched the couch fabric dust clouds were released.

We had arrived late so we I informed the front desk of my displeasure and was assured it would be cleaned better the next day and that the table would be replaced.

Went on a full day of shopping on the Monday. Came back to the hotel to find a new table but the state of cleanliness of the room had not improved.

We spent a considerable amount of time in the room that night and low and behold the carpets were so filthy that my two daughters white socks were black as if they had been running around the parking lot in their socks. We changed their socks just to make sure and it was definitely the carpet.

On check out the next day I showed the socks to the manager and she was shocked and obviously embarrassed. She did discount our bill and apologize profusely.

I believe the following happened. Room 130 is the handicap access suite and probably does not get rented out very often. Since they were full and rented to us I guess it hadnt been checked.

Staff were friendly but this was the worst stay in a hotel ever. We were so uncomfortable that we tried to find another two bedroom suite in syracuse but they were none available.

I am hoping this is not the future for the Cresthill suites but I dont think I could ever convince my wife to return.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 130
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am very concerned over your recent review of the hotel. Trust me when I say "very concerned" ,,,this is not typical for our hotel, nor the staff. I have schedule to have ServePro come in and do a complete overhaul and deep cleaning of this room. I was surprised to hear that you encountered a spider or insect of any kind in the room. Our rooms get treated every month by an outside professional company. I have called them to come back in today and reinspect the room and do what is neccessary to ensure there are no outside insects in the room. We are in the midst of replacing furnishing and the couches, tables and chairs are next on the list. We have new double pillow top Sealy beds in all rooms,,,,, new flat screen HD TV's in all rooms, and have renovated all the guestroom bathrooms within the last year. I do thank you for your review as it allows me to address deficiencies in our offerings and make the appropriate corrections and adjustments. We hope you allow us another chance in the future as we are on a plan of continuous improvements, both in services and physical product. Thank you!
Nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Even though we go to Syracuse often (our son lives there) this is the first time we stayed in Cresthill. I was very surprised at what they have/offered and most of all the price ($105.00). We had a suite with a full kitchen fully equipped and they welcome us with water, popcorn and a granola bar, which other hotels just offered coffee/tea. They included breakfast and dinner during the week, which it was a first for me. I never heard of any hotel offering free dinner. I also have to say they were very friendly, especially Leo, who when we wanted to stay another night, left a note on the front desk and when I went the next morning, I was told that everything was taken care of. The only complaint I have is of a male housekeeper that knocked in the morning and I told him that did not need services at the moment, but later, never returned and our room was not made that day. But I don't blame the hotel; when my husband went downstairs and informed the desk clerk, she immediately gave him fresh towels. We used to stay at Embassy or Garden Hill, but from now on is Cresthill for us! I hope they keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review and comments concerning your experience at our hotel recently. I am sorry about the communication error between you and our new houseman. It was his first week on the job so he made a couple of minor mistakes, which all were very correctable. The staff here at CrestHill Suites thanks you for staying with us and we certainly hope to see you again in the near future.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is honestly the first time that my hotel experience was vastly different from the majority of Trip Advisor reviews.

Now, there are some good things about this hotel.
- Price. The price was very reasonable, especially for the #1 hotel in the area (and you'll find yourself surrounded by every other hotel chain known to man).
- Large rooms
- Free snacks - our room had popcorn, a granola bar, and a bottle of water
- Very nice staff (the reviews absolutely got this right)
- Great water pressure in the shower
- Free breakfast (eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit salad, pastries, toast, bagels, cereal)

Then there's the bad.
- Smoke smell. I don't know if the area of the hotel we stayed in was formerly a smoking section or if the open hallway windows above where people were smoking...but it reeked (room 213). I never could have stayed here more than one night.
- DIRTY! For whatever reason, they decided not to vacuum our room before we arrived. Cheerios on the kitchen floor, hair and dirt on the bathroom floor, and all kinds of debris on the regular carpet. There were decorations coated in dust and the kitchen stove was not at all clean (the "ick" under the refrigerator we all get was also getting bad enough to come into plain view). I unfolded a "clean" towel after taking a shower and the staff there assures me that what I almost rubbed all over myself was a makeup stain on the towel. I want to feel good about life, so I'm choosing to believe this. Still - didn't help with the overall skeeve factor of the dirty room (or the twenty minutes I honestly thought it was something else).
- Regular beeping of the air conditioning unit. Every now and then it'd just let out a long beep - definitely loud enough to keep waking me up all night.

I did complain to the desk after the towel incident and, as I said, the staff there was very nice (and discounted our bill).

I wish that the rooms were as nice as the staff, but I don't think I'd ever stay here again. If I could go back in time, I'd convince past-me to spend another $20 and just get a nicer hotel. I would've gladly given up all the nice little perks for a restful night in a clean room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am not one for excuses, plain and simple! We dropped the ball. The room that you were put into was to be placed out of order for a few days so we could deep clean the carpets (shampoo) and floors, wash down the walls cabinets and drawers. This is policy after a long term staying guest checks out of their room. Unfortunately, someone place this room back into inventory before the carpets and time floors could be done. Please understand that we would never place a guest into a room where the floors have not been cleaned. We have been know for many years for having a very high standard of cleanliness and the reviews show that. I am sorry for the conditions that you encountered, that is not our usual standard. Thank you for allowing me to respond and I hope you do give us another chance to host your lodging needs while visiting in Syracuse.
Troy, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Booked through Priceline, called after booking indicating would be 3 in our party, no problem and supposedly noted. On arrival and in room 1 king and pullout, tried to call back down and Amanda was busy sitting watching TV in lobby. Upon asking about 2 beds well room is available but saving it for someone whoo called. Could possibly put in roll away. Went to dinner came back and pulled out the pullout only to find no sheets another call and another trip to the lobby to find Amanda down the hall. She apologized for lack of sheets. Go to bed only to find sheets on master while appeared clean previous stains made them look horrible. Not going back at this point.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am so very sorry to hear about your problems you encountered during a recent stay at our hotel. Every now and then, things go wrong, and it allows you to look at things and re-evaluate them. Policies have been put into place concerning employees watching TV during their shift. Amanda, is one of our newest employees, she has also received numerous compliments on her friendliness and caring attitude. I hope you would consider us in the future for your hotel needs as I firmly believe we are better than what you experienced. Thank you for review and please know that it has helped us at increasing our overall goal of attaining a high level of guest services for all our guests.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Huge room with everything you need for a stay of any length. Front desk clerks (Amanda and Amanda) were extremely pleasant and helpful.
All the staff I met were friendly and the breakfast was better than Continental.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind review of the hotel during your recent stay with us. The staff hopes to see you in the very near future. Thank you.
Cobourg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

As an overnight stop when using Syracuse Hancock, this is very affordable and well placed. Smart design to the suite and staff who are friendly. The view over the pool area was pleasant. Air conditioning seemed to be incapable of moderating the extreme summer heat but overall a nice place which we booked through Hotline.

Room Tip: Pool view is very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel during your recent and short stay with us. We hope to see you back in the near future!
Jim Stocker

Been to CrestHill Suites Syracuse? Share your experiences!