Ok to preface this review. I have stayed at this property twice before and absolutely loved the hotel and staff. Checked in on the 18th of August for a two night stay in a two bedroom suite. (130). Like I said we have been here before and were not worried. We checked into room 130 and we were shocked. I have stayed in flea bag motels in Niagara falls that were better than this. We had been advised on reserving and check in that the motel was full so we didnt complain that night. We put up with the following for the first night
- Table had only three legs. The fourth leg was in the closet.
- Place was horribly dirty. Stains on the couch and couch pillows. Dirt and food on carpet. Room was musty and smelly. Bathrooms had cob webs and spiders on the toilets. Floors in bathroom were horrible.
- Couch was so dirty we couldnt sit on it. There were all sorts of foreign matter on the couch. Dont even ask what was under the cushions. If you touched the couch fabric dust clouds were released.
We had arrived late so we I informed the front desk of my displeasure and was assured it would be cleaned better the next day and that the table would be replaced.
Went on a full day of shopping on the Monday. Came back to the hotel to find a new table but the state of cleanliness of the room had not improved.
We spent a considerable amount of time in the room that night and low and behold the carpets were so filthy that my two daughters white socks were black as if they had been running around the parking lot in their socks. We changed their socks just to make sure and it was definitely the carpet.
On check out the next day I showed the socks to the manager and she was shocked and obviously embarrassed. She did discount our bill and apologize profusely.
I believe the following happened. Room 130 is the handicap access suite and probably does not get rented out very often. Since they were full and rented to us I guess it hadnt been checked.
Staff were friendly but this was the worst stay in a hotel ever. We were so uncomfortable that we tried to find another two bedroom suite in syracuse but they were none available.
I am hoping this is not the future for the Cresthill suites but I dont think I could ever convince my wife to return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your CrestHill Suites Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cresthill Suites Syracuse Hotel East Syracuse
- Cresthill Hotel East Syracuse
- Cresthill Hotel Syracuse