“Leo” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Ottawa, Canada
“Leo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My friend and I went back to the hotel in April, after having stayed there a few years ago. Leo at the front desk was wonderful as usual. He was pleased we remembered his name from our previous stay. Leo happily answered our many questions and provided very good advice regarding where we could enjoy a nice dinner. All the staff were excellent, especially the breakfast room ladies. It would be nice to have a front door that opens automatically.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Kathleen,
Thank you very much for your nice words about Leo. He is the foundation of the hotel! We hope you keep stopping in to keep him company! Thank you and hopefully we will see you again in the future!
JIm Stocker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

On June 8, 2013 me and my family checked into Cresthill Suites in E.Syracuse Ny. I was pleasently surprised by the 2 bedroom suite it was like am minnie Apt. The king bed slept nice and when i put the kids down there slept threw the nite. Breakfast was very plentiful and all the staff was very helpful and friendly. If the we are ever in Syracuse Ny again Cresthill Suites here we come.

• Stayed June 2013
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review on our hotel. Yes, our two bedroom suites are like a mini apartment, with excellent beds, a very quiet hotel with an excellent staff that delivers great service. We certainly hope you visit us again on your next trip!
East Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Found this hotel through TripAdvsior and was basically very pleased. I got upgraded to a two bedroom suite (which was a fair hike from the elevator) which was extremely nice. The overnight rate was great ($95 with a AARP discount). The kitchen was well set up, and the bed extremely comfortable.

The night staff was very pleasant and helpful, getting me extra ice because the freezer wasn't putting out ice yet and directing me to a good pizza delivery place. My only complaint was that the morning desk clerk never even said good morning or offered to help when I was obviously struggling getting the luggage cart out the front door. I pointedly stared at the young lady and even huffed and puffed a bit, but she remained buried in her computer. Management needs to speak to her about being friendlier and paying more attention to her surroundings.

Room Tip: I was in suite 210 - very quiet, in the back.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience here at CrestHill Suites. We are widely known for our friendly and courteous staff at the front desk. I have shared your comments with the entire staff at the last desk staff meeting. Hopefully, in the future, we do not engross ourselves in our daily computer work that we forget we are here. Guest service and satisfaction is our number one goal! Yes, our beds get many positive comments, they are new Sealy's "top of the line" double pillow top beds. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you in the near future!
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed there May 15, 2013 in Room 219. It was after midnight when we arrived and first impression from our weary eyes was that it wasn't too bad. Then we noticed the fist-sized hole in the wall in the bedroom. Then we noticed that the AC unit cover was broken and not attached to unit; exposing filthy dirty filter and guts of the machine. Then we noticed that the linens on the bed were wrinkled like they had been laying crumpled up in the bottom of a basket for a week. The duvet cover was three times larger than the duvet and was totally noticeable because the duvet, which had square pockets of down, had obviously been machine-washed and machine-dried. The down in the duvet was bunched up in little humps in each of the pockets, making the duvet lumpy and completely ineffective as a warm covering. (Yes, even in May in Upstate NY, it gets cold.) The pillows were the same way - laundered in a machine and all the filling had clumped together.

There was a piece of wood laid on top of the AC unit to make a tabletop under the window. OK except that the bed was pushed so far to that side of the wall, that only a child could squeeze past the wood to get to that side of the bed. Then we noticed that the carpet had not been properly vacuumed and there were little bits of fluff everywhere as well as bugs on the floor of the side of the bed closest to the wall. The bathroom floor was sticky.

On the whole, the entire room was shabby beyond belief (for a property that is of recent construction). The framings and the moldings did not fit properly and it seemed like a carpenter want-to-be, with little or no experience, had assembled the room in a rush. Not what I expect for $116 a night! The quality of the room was what I expect from a Days Inn or a Hotel 6.

The Front Desk staff were pleasant and that's the best I can say about this place. The next morning, the shuttle driver showed up in torn jeans and sweatshirt, covered in paint splatter. He was the hotel's handy-man who also drives the shuttle (and this was at 10AM, so it's not like it was outside of daytime staff hours. The management is obviously cutting corners everywhere they can.)

One last thing ... the map shows that this hotel (and others nearby) are very close to the airport. In truth, it is only near the runway. The way in which the roads are constructed makes it impossible to get there quickly. We arrived at midnight, so there was no traffic, and it took 20 minutes to get there. The distance quoted is deceptive.

Room Tip: I suppose, with luck, you might be able to find a room that's reasonable
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am truly sorry that we did not live up to your standards. Every once in a while, things like this happen. I only wished that you would have conveyed your displeasure to the front desk staff prior to your departure. We never would allow you to leave this unhappy. As you can see, by the over 200 reviews, you encountered something very unusual! I do want to address your comment on the shuttle driver. Yes, that was our maintenance supervisor who was in the middle of painting some guest rooms. He received a call to shuttle someone to the airport and did not have time to change or clean up as it took us some time to locate him. Unfortunately, in smaller hotels such as ours,, managers are forced to wear many hats durng the day, however, this is done to cut costs so that we can keep our room prices very affordable. I thank you for sharing your concerns.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at the Cresthill Suites and were very satisfied. Even though, the hotel had many guests, the suites were extremely quiet. The rooms are comfortable and clean and I would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your positive review. We receive many comments on how quiet our guests rooms are. We hear how comfortable our beds are and what a great sleep people have here, this is primarily because the bedrooms are isolated by two solid doors so you do not hear any outside hallway noise. We certainly appreciate the kind words..
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Booked on hotwire, but had to additionally pay more than i paid for the room to upgrade to a 2bedroom when other family decided to go. Was glad to see pack n play in room. that was a request granted. The water leak at air conditioner was frustrating to walk on, lady dusting plants while we ate breakfast near the plant also.
But overall an average place to stay.staff was professional.i would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us... I appreciate the fact that the lady dusting the plants during your breakfast did not sit well with you. I will contact the plant company and make sure this never happens again. I hope everything else went well during your brief stay with us and that you and your family had a wonderful vacation. Once again, thank you for your review!
Timmins, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed at this location. Was booked through Hotwire and I was very satisfied!
I had a one bedroom suite. Room was in good conidition and clean.
I arrived at 12:30am and the front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful at such a late hour.
Check in and out was a breeze. Plenty of free parking.
This hotel does accept pets, and my room did have a dog smell within the couch. Room did show some signs of wear (couch) and the fridge had a compressor issue. When it would shut off it made a very loud noise and would wake me up at night. (forgot to mention that to the manager when I checked out).
But overall, I am satisfied, and would stay at this location again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We would like to "Thank you" for sharing your comments on your experience while visiting the CrestHill Suites in Syracuse. If you have time, could you please call the hotel and ask for me. I need to track down what room you were in so We can address the refrigerator and couch issues. We certainly would love for you to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again!
Jim Stocker

Been to CrestHill Suites Syracuse? Share your experiences!