“Fantastic Front Desk Concierge/Manager Shad” 4 of 5 stars

CrestHill Suites Syracuse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6410 New Venture Gear Drive, East Syracuse, NY 13057   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in East Syracuse
Mount Kisco, New York
“Fantastic Front Desk Concierge/Manager Shad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

December 2010. As a Quality Assurance Specialist headed up to Syracuse from Westchester county during one of the most horrific blizzards I have ever encountered. Upon my arrival I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Shad, he was on point with the front desk operations and greeted me warmly. Needless to say that I was no way used to driving in that kind of snow. So, My Hero Shad, offered to drive me to the sites I needed to audit. Got my work done in 3 days vs. 5 days. Kind & compassionate are words that only hint on this young man's great service mindset. Wish they were more like him, thank you Shad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I would like to "Thank You" for writing such an outstanding review of one of our key staff members here at the CrestHill Suites. Shad has a long history of superior guest service praises. He honestly cares how your experience is going when here at the hotel, he treats it like you were a guest in his own home. A true asset to the operation. Thank you and we hope you stay with us again should your job require you to travel to stormy Syracuse!
Jim Stocker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom suite for 2 nights. This is a real suite with a door between the bedroom and the kitchen/living room. Although the hotel is near the highway, the room was quiet. The actual bedroom was separated from the hallway wall by the bathroom, which meant you could not hear hallway noise when you were in the bedroom. The kitchen is a full kitchen, with oven, microwave, full refrigerator. The room is plenty spacious, and I could see someone staying here quite comfortably for a long-term visit. Heck, the room, especially the kitchen, is bigger than most Manhattan 1 bedroom apartments! I liked the little "first night" package with a bottled water, popcorn and granola bar.

The closet is INSIDE the bathroom, with no door of its own, and the bathroom is off the bedroom. This could be awkward if you are using the room for meeting/interviews and people have to go through the room plus see all your stuff to use the bathroom. Also could be a pain if more than one person was booked in the room. Bed was comfortable.

Wireless was good, but the computers in the business center are very old and VERY slow, so if you are wavering about bringing a laptop, bring it.

Breakfast was more than adequate. There was plenty of seating when I was there, but at a busier time, it would probably be tight since the breakfast area seems small for the size of the hotel. This is just me - every hotel does this - but why do they have to leave a TV blaring in the breakfast area/lobby? I just want to eat and read in peace.

The location is very close to the Thruway, but not close to downtown or other amenities, so you will probably want to bring your car. The hotel does have a van, and I saw them give a ride to a guest, but I don't know how far they will take people. There is no place useful that you can walk to without taking your life in your hands. I have been to this part of Syracuse several times, and I just don't get it - there seem to be very, very few restaurants or stores nearby even though the area is filled with hotels, corporate offices, and industry. I was exhausted at the end of my days, so it didn't matter to me, but could be a downer if you are staying for any length of time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your lodging experience on this site. You say what everyone experiences and they don't know why,,, our hotel is extremely quiet because of the way it is constructed. The bedroom is isolated by two walls and two doors from the hallway, so you never hear any hallway noise. This equals a great night sleep on the new doubletop Simmons beds! One thing I have to share with you, there is additional seating for breakfast in the room connected to the breakfast area, we simply open the two french doors to seat another 20 guests. We certainly hope to see you in the near future.
Once again, Thank you!
Warren, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the spacious room with cathedral ceiling, All of the staff was exceptionally friendly. Their breakfast was excellent as compared to other hotels in the same category. I did notice that some of the furnishings in the room were due for replacement and the dust in corners, etc. (as found in nearly all hotels) did not fully meet my personal stringent standards. However, this hotel was a very good value for price we paid and we will stay here again without hesistation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am glad you selected the CrestHill Suites to stay at during your recent trip to the Syracuse area... My job is made easier, primarily because of the great and friendly staff here at the hotel. Today and tomorrow's project for the project crew is to detail the rooms by pulling out the stoves, refrigerators and cleaning and sanitizing those area. They are also cleaning the corners of each room during a accent wall painting project, that is going ongoing for the next four weeks. We hope to see you in the near future. Thank you so much for your business.
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although 7 miles from downtown Syracuse, this hotel is easy to get to from highways and presents a great value. We arrived late at night to discover the suite we booked had only a loveseat in the living room - not a full pull-out sofa I was expecting. Though this was MY mistake and the hotel was fully booked, the manager was able to move us to a 2 bedroom suite reserved by a regular customer who cancelled at the last minute. The suite was a pleasant surprise - quite spacious and comfortable. Though the kitchen was out of date, it was well-stocked with cooking equipment, dishes, glasses, etc. A basket of coffee, tea, and snacks were a welcome surprise. Baths were recently updated, though we found the placement of the closet inside the bathroom awkward. Free breakfast was good and had variety and healthy options. Halls & lobby were clean, as was our suite except for a pair of underwear found under one bed and a dirty sock under the other. But friendly, efficient service and a truly great price makes this hotel an exceptional value!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.... I was glad to hear about the staff upgrading your reservation to handle you sleeping needs, excellent staff! good news, we have just ordered new sofa beds to replace the regular sofas, so in two months, all suites will have a pull out sofa bed in them! We welcome the opportunity to host your lodging needs in the near future. Thank you and safe travels!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love this hotel, easy access to the highway to the State Fair Grounds, there is shopping fairly close by, the breakfasts are very good. We look forward to going back every year. They have a laundry facility that you can use, a small gym, a small conventionary that has chips, drinks, frozen pizza's etc. The rooms are quipped with large fridge/freezer, and stove.

Room Tip: We prefer the back, there are exit doors so you can park your car fairly close and come in and out...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Joan,
I don't know if we have met, but I'd like to thank you for writing such a nice review! The staff and I, certainly thank you for sharing your experience with others. We would love to see you visit again in the near future!
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We recently stayed here briefly while enroute to an airport. Check-in was easy with very friendly staff.

The hotel was comfortable and clean, albeit a little dated and showing some wear and tear. The one bedroom suites were a good size. A free breakfast is included and was good compared to similar free breakfasts.

The hotel comes with free WiFi as well which is a bonus.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel during your recent stay with us. I have passed along your comments to the appropriate people. the good news is that we will be starting the replacement of some of the furnishings in the rooms, along with some minor painting. We thank you for staying with us and we look forward to future visits!
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It was a full service suite, though we were only staying one night. It was really nice and it appears that most rooms look out onto a courtyard. Very quiet and beds were comfy. It was nice to have 2 tvs as my husband got up earlier than me and watched basketball in the living room. I would definitely recommend this place for the value. There was a breakfast in the lobby that was adequate, nothing special.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
jstocker, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Syracuse, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review,,,,, you better hurry up and come back so he can watch Syracuse win the National Basketball Championship here in town. "Go Cuse". See you soon hopefully!
Jim Stocker

Been to CrestHill Suites Syracuse? Share your experiences!