“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in East Syracuse
Bennington, Vermont
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel price is high for this hotel. It has stains in the carpets and just looks dirty in the halls. Not impressed.The location was good for us to get something to eat the night we stated and in the morning for breakfast. Probably would not stay there again for the money we paid. Felt like I was at the Super 8 hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your quick feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input and apologize you were disappointed in the look and feel of our guestrooms. We will use your comments as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction and hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to our area in the future.

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and found my stay enjoyable and convenient, though it was pretty isolated from the city center, with all its sites and restaurants. The check-in process was smooth and the staff were pleasant and helpful at all the right points. My room was a standard hotel room, no thrills, but comfortable and with all the necessary amenities (coffee maker, iron, etc). All in all, if you are looking for a place to stay in a pinch I’d recommend this hotel, especially if you have a car, which will be required if you plan on heading into the city.

Pros: Affordable; nice staff; all the basics

Cons: Not pedestrian friendly, for those looking to go into the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind words and constructive feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to have met your needs in the area and hope you will consider staying with us again should you return in the future.

Brendan England - General Manger
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Exercise room; indoor pool; outdoor pool; airport shuttle; restaurant; bar; easy access to Thruway and 690. Friendly staff. Meeting and wedding facilities. Somewhat outdated but that is reflected in the price

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you more sharing how you found our hotel convenient, along with some keys services and benefits you found important in choosing our hotel. We look forward to having you back again sometime and appreciate you taking the time to provide this nice feedback!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The room I was given was on the first floor. It was hot when I got there and I lowered the thermostat to 68. Then I used the gym, which overlooked the pool and was nice. When I got back to the room, it was still hot. I opened the patio doors to get some cool air and the smell of cigarette smoke rushed in. No one was outside smoking but it was clear that I found the unofficial smoking area. So now I had a hot, smokey smellimg room. I then noticed a long dark hair that wasn't mine on the pillow.

I calked the front desk and they switched me to a lovely room on the 2nd floor with a mini kitchen. This was a great room and I slept wonderfully.

I was there for a work meeting and the conference room and dinner, breakfast and lunch was fine and good. Wait staff was excellent.

Other than the initial room, it was a good stay.

ZPP

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay experience and giving us the opportunity to correct some apparent deficiencies in your 1st room. We hope that we again have the chance to have you as our guest in the future and again we truly appreciate your candid feedback as it only makes us better!
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here just as our stop over on the way to Buffalo. We arrived and had to wait about 1/2 hr in line to check-in as there were other people checking in at the same time- I think a tournament in town. There were only 2 representatives working to get people in. Busy hotel, if you are looking for really low-key and quiet, perhaps try somewhere else. Room was clean and close to a few main stores if need be.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. We apologize for the long wait you experienced at check-in and we will use this experience to ensure we always have plenty of staff available to expedite this process. We are glad to have been able to meet your needs for the evening and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you pass through the area.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We chose this hotel because the reviews were decent and we are always impresed with Hilton Hotels. We needed a hotel that offered an airport shuttle and a place to park. This seemed to fit the bill until we checked in. We arrived late and noticed the hotel was quite a bit older than we thought but were so tired, we didn't care. We had to get my 3 year old son to bed. We got him changed and put into one of the beds. I pulled back the duvet covers and didn't give it a good inspection because he was falling asleep. Once he was in bed I got ready for bed myself when I noticed, the dirtiness of the bed. The mattress cover, which was in plain sight had some type of disgusting stain on it. I was immediately revolted. Upon further inspection the duvets clearly had not been washed in a long time. They were covered in stains that made me want to get out of the room, except my son was sleeping and I didn't want to move him. All duvets and blankets were removed immediately and sheets were all that we used. I called the front desk and complained and was told they would notify housekeeping. They never offered to bring clean blankets. If I could have, I would have left the hotel but I didn't want to cause my son to have a meltdown and ruin a flight we had for the next morning. I didn't sleep at all and felt my skin crawling all night. I had a long shower to clean off the filth and left very early to get out of this hotel. I again had a discssion with the front desk in which they apologized and said they would notify housekeeping but they refused to look at the pictures and they didn't have a manager speak to me. I requested a call from a manager, but I am yet to hear from them. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is their shuttle drivers are excellent and friendly. I am shocked that this hotel can fall under the Hilton brand. I use Hampton and Hilton Hotels often and it makes me think twice about which ones I will use again and I will be sure to never stay at a Doubletree again. Pictures will be shared everywhere and let me say, they say 1000 words. Yuck!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Cindy,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor experience you had with our service and accommodations during your recent stay with us and for our delay in getting back to you. We appreciate your input as new perspectives help us to better meet and exceed our guests expectations. We strive to provide the best in comfort and cleanliness and apologize for having dropped the ball in your room. Having shared your comments with our front desk and housekeeping teams, we will all work to ensure we are providing the quality surroundings and service our guests deserve moving forward. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the level of hospitality you expect from our family of hotels should similar travel circumstances arise in the future. If we may be of any assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I don't know this chain well, but being fronted by Hilton should count for something. The rooms have some added touches--massage heads, granite counters, coffee makers, good beds--but are dated and a bit shabby. The service was indifferent except in the restaurant where we were treated like royalty. At 4 a.m., a car was blasting music outside our room. I called down to the front desk to ask if something could be done (the car was about 30 ft from the desk), and he said "yeah, no problem", and it stopped seconds later. I was furious and couldn't get back to sleep. No apology from anyone.

• Stayed December 2012
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and review of our property. We thank you for your business and hope you return soon. I do apologize for some of the challenges you faced while on property. While I am satisfied we resolved those concerns, we should have responded with empathy and an apology. Being a Hilton Branded Hotel we meet all expectations and standards of the Hilton Brand, but we are always looking to improve the property and feedback from our guests is vital. You can follow any updates or see pictures of our hotel on our website.

I am glad the restaurant staff was able to show you a reflection of our customer service mentality. I will share your excellent feedback regarding our food and beverage team, and use those comments as an example of the results we want to strive for as a hotel 100% of the time.

I am always open to discuss your stay experience in more detail offline. Thank you again for choosing Syracuse - Doubletree by Hilton.

Brendan England

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!