“Great for overnight, slow check-in” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in East Syracuse
Mississauga, Canada
“Great for overnight, slow check-in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here just as our stop over on the way to Buffalo. We arrived and had to wait about 1/2 hr in line to check-in as there were other people checking in at the same time- I think a tournament in town. There were only 2 representatives working to get people in. Busy hotel, if you are looking for really low-key and quiet, perhaps try somewhere else. Room was clean and close to a few main stores if need be.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. We apologize for the long wait you experienced at check-in and we will use this experience to ensure we always have plenty of staff available to expedite this process. We are glad to have been able to meet your needs for the evening and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you pass through the area.

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We chose this hotel because the reviews were decent and we are always impresed with Hilton Hotels. We needed a hotel that offered an airport shuttle and a place to park. This seemed to fit the bill until we checked in. We arrived late and noticed the hotel was quite a bit older than we thought but were so tired, we didn't care. We had to get my 3 year old son to bed. We got him changed and put into one of the beds. I pulled back the duvet covers and didn't give it a good inspection because he was falling asleep. Once he was in bed I got ready for bed myself when I noticed, the dirtiness of the bed. The mattress cover, which was in plain sight had some type of disgusting stain on it. I was immediately revolted. Upon further inspection the duvets clearly had not been washed in a long time. They were covered in stains that made me want to get out of the room, except my son was sleeping and I didn't want to move him. All duvets and blankets were removed immediately and sheets were all that we used. I called the front desk and complained and was told they would notify housekeeping. They never offered to bring clean blankets. If I could have, I would have left the hotel but I didn't want to cause my son to have a meltdown and ruin a flight we had for the next morning. I didn't sleep at all and felt my skin crawling all night. I had a long shower to clean off the filth and left very early to get out of this hotel. I again had a discssion with the front desk in which they apologized and said they would notify housekeeping but they refused to look at the pictures and they didn't have a manager speak to me. I requested a call from a manager, but I am yet to hear from them. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is their shuttle drivers are excellent and friendly. I am shocked that this hotel can fall under the Hilton brand. I use Hampton and Hilton Hotels often and it makes me think twice about which ones I will use again and I will be sure to never stay at a Doubletree again. Pictures will be shared everywhere and let me say, they say 1000 words. Yuck!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Cindy,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor experience you had with our service and accommodations during your recent stay with us and for our delay in getting back to you. We appreciate your input as new perspectives help us to better meet and exceed our guests expectations. We strive to provide the best in comfort and cleanliness and apologize for having dropped the ball in your room. Having shared your comments with our front desk and housekeeping teams, we will all work to ensure we are providing the quality surroundings and service our guests deserve moving forward. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the level of hospitality you expect from our family of hotels should similar travel circumstances arise in the future. If we may be of any assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I don't know this chain well, but being fronted by Hilton should count for something. The rooms have some added touches--massage heads, granite counters, coffee makers, good beds--but are dated and a bit shabby. The service was indifferent except in the restaurant where we were treated like royalty. At 4 a.m., a car was blasting music outside our room. I called down to the front desk to ask if something could be done (the car was about 30 ft from the desk), and he said "yeah, no problem", and it stopped seconds later. I was furious and couldn't get back to sleep. No apology from anyone.

• Stayed December 2012
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and review of our property. We thank you for your business and hope you return soon. I do apologize for some of the challenges you faced while on property. While I am satisfied we resolved those concerns, we should have responded with empathy and an apology. Being a Hilton Branded Hotel we meet all expectations and standards of the Hilton Brand, but we are always looking to improve the property and feedback from our guests is vital. You can follow any updates or see pictures of our hotel on our website.

I am glad the restaurant staff was able to show you a reflection of our customer service mentality. I will share your excellent feedback regarding our food and beverage team, and use those comments as an example of the results we want to strive for as a hotel 100% of the time.

I am always open to discuss your stay experience in more detail offline. Thank you again for choosing Syracuse - Doubletree by Hilton.

Kannapolis, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here for one night around Christmas. Standard 2 1/2 - 3 star amenities, but details overlooked. Our duvet cover didn't have an actual comforter in it; some minor areas left dirty/stained. Corridors and elevators were very cold and drafty. Eventually the Hilton conglomerate will realize that wireless internet should be free at this price point. Did not use the pool or gym this time but they are larger than those found at most chain hotels. Overall - a reasonable value if obtained via Priceline/Hotwire but perhaps not if one were paying full price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for spending the Holiday with our family at DoubleTree by Hilton Syracuse. We are thankful for your business and feedback provided. I am pleased that you found some aspects of the hotel a value, but I am disappointed that we did not meet all our your expectations (or ours). I would be happy to speak with you in more detail offline regarding your experience at our Hotel. Our number one goal is to have every guest leave 100% satisfied with their accommodations.

Internet access is free is all common and public space, in room wifi is available complimentary for all levels of Hilton Honor members. If you are not an HHonors member you can sign up for free at our front desk and start receiving benefits immediately.

We hope to see you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Only mistake was ordering room service--21 percent added onto prices. Restaurant is open late, so go there. Food was excellent, so was pool and service for breakfast. Room was fine except for lack of blankets on children's cot. Kids deserve quilts too! Especially since the draft by the window is awful. Halls are cold too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Our food and beverage team is very pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal(s) with us. The Regatta Restaurant and Lounge is open late, come in and try our New SMOKE SHED Promotion, featuring Beef Brisket with Brown Sugar Barbeque Sauce!! Room Service is also available (21% gratuity added).

We are also pleased you enjoyed our indoor pool. We also of a 24 hour fitness center, indoor Jacuzzi, sauna and seasonal outdoor pool.

I will provide your feedback to our engineers so we can properly determine what areas within the hotel may need a temperature adjustment. Our goal is to deliver 100% exceptional service, if at anytime you have a question, concern, or request do not hesitate to reach out. We hope to see you again soon!

Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I ended up in this hotel because I booked via hotwire an 'airport' hotel. suffice it to say that during heavy snowfall this am it took about a 15 min drive to actually get to the airport. The room was spacious (2 dbl beds on 5th floor), beds excellent, bathroom impeccably clean, the hotel has a decent size pool and excellent gym. The food at the only restaurant/bar was so so, as one would expect. Great selection of beers on tap. This venue is clearly a conference and events facility.The staff were truly welcoming, which was a pleasant surprise. Beware, if you actually turn on the heater, it'll make a lot of noise, so you might find sleeping a tad bit of a challenge.

Not so great is the standard internet rip-off, an about 10$ charge per 24 hours if you want to use it in your room (free in lobby area/bar). Breakfast was also not included. For the same amount of money we could have had a hotel of similar quality in the same vicinity that offers free internet and breakfast. In that sense the deal wasn't that great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel is always clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and I look forward to staying at this property. The exercise room is a great size with plenty of equipment.This place is a great value for the money!!

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room yet. I have stayed here at least 15 times.