“I stay here many times throughout the year” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Destiny USA Shopping!
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in East Syracuse
Boston, Massachusetts
“I stay here many times throughout the year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel is always clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and I look forward to staying at this property. The exercise room is a great size with plenty of equipment.This place is a great value for the money!!

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room yet. I have stayed here at least 15 times.

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Townsend, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was staying at this hotel on business, I would like to say what sets this place apart from others that I stay at is the hospitality. Everyone from the housekeeping, maintenance, hotel staff, and the bartenders (ESPECIALLY BREEANA or BREE) greets you in a polite manner, not because it's their job but because it is the right thing to do, it's a natural greeting and not the type they are just programmed to say. Amenities at hotel was fine, restaurant was good (bit pricy though), and it was very clean. It would be better to have had free wi-fi which is the only reason that I didn't rate as a 5 star...I didn't even know places charged for wi-fi anymore. They are located close to all routes, local entertainment, restaurants, and shopping areas. All-in-all I think that this place is an excellent choice and once they implement free wi-fi, they would be an outstanding choice for anybody visiting Syracuse.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor Rooms avoid a lot of travel (footstep) noise and you can walk down the stairs and not have...
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I thought the hotel seemed nice enough at first; looks good, has been updated, friendly front desk service, but when I pulled back the blanket and saw the bedspread I was horrified. It is filthy (see picture). After taking a closer look at the room I see this is a common theme. The coffee maker still has coffee in it, the sink is dirty (has hair in it), and the floor has not been carefully vacuumed. If I wasn't in a room with double beds (the other of which appears outwardly clean) there is no way I would sleep here. This is an expensive hotel and the standard of cleaning here is unacceptable. Also no microwave or fridge in rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Please accept our sincere apology for the unacceptable level of cleanliness you encountered during your recent stay with us. We strive to provide our guests the highest quality service and comfort and we regret the poor impression we made. Your comments have been shared with our housekeeping team and we will all work harder to provide the level of hospitality you deserve moving forward. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, should you return to the area in the future. If available, I am able to speak with you in more detail offline.

Brendan England
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Some areas are some what dated but room was upgraded with granite counter tops and new carpeting. Front desk employees and others were accomodating and friendly. Honored my request for a quiet room and did not hear any disturbances. Breakfast buffet had a nice assortment of fresh fruit and other breakfast items. Plenty of safe, free parking.

Room Tip: THis is a holiday season with many local businesses having Christmas parties. I asked for a quiet ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kmagdon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share some information on your very positive stay while also giving great detail that truly highlights your experience with us. From our location to downtown Syracuse to the touches in the room, we strive to exceed expectations and we truly appreciate you taking the time to let your fellow travelers know that we did just that for you! We look forward to having you back again sometime soon and making your next visit equally enjoyable.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay here for a Christmas party and to do some shopping while in Syracuse. Reception was always very pleasant, and the cookies were great. I had requested a room with a king bed and got it. It was facing the parking lot in the back, so it was very quiet, which I liked.The hotel is set among a group of hotels on the east part of Syracuse, so it's not downtown, however it's right by the Carrier Circle and the New York Throughway so it's very accessible to where you need to go. There really isn't any place to walk. However it's very fast by car. The room was a nice size and very clean. It looks like they were redone lately. The bed is really soft, but very comfy. The hotel has two pools. The gym and it was fairly large with lots of decent equipment. It did have a restaurant but i didn't eat there and it is kind of pricey. Although the food at the party was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Standard three star hotel, no breakfast, no free internet, no mocro's, fridge subject to availability. Older property, the rooms are in good condition but the heater made loud fan noises. Very nice well equiped gym, nice indoor pool. For the price I would stay at a place that offered all the little extras. There is not much in walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Quiet area away from traffic so all the rooms should be quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Kmagdon, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at Doubletree Syracuse. We appreciate your business and your feedback! I am pleased that you enjoyed the facility especially the fitness center and indoor pool. We also have a full service restaurant, lounge and room service. I do apologize that the heat/ac in your guest room was louder than usual and I would be happy to speak with you more offline at your convenience. We want you returning to our property while in Syracuse.

Our hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast, but we do offer overnight accommodation packages that include breakfast, as well as other options. Internet is free is all common and public space, in room WiFi is available complimentary for all levels of Hilton Honor members. If you are not an HHonors member you can sign up for free at our front desk and start receiving benefits immediately. Microwaves and refrigerators are based upon availability.

Brendan England
Plainsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

While I have stayed at several hotels globally and never written a review, I must say that Doubletree Syracuse stands out as an exceptionally good hotel for both business and personal stays. Its staff is very courteous and remembered my dinner choices even 2 weeks later. Darrelle Thompson, Kevin Magdon and Stacey at the bar clearly stand out as 3 employees who really make the difference. The rooms are comfortable and large sized and this hotel will be the one I will stay whenever I am in Syracuse. The airport shuttle is an added benefit.

Room Tip: I have stayed on multiple floors and I have found all rooms to be of exceptional quality. Floor leve...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Syracuse? Share your experiences!